Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upholstery type
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Peashooter
I just got the COA from Porsche regarding my car. It lists the upholstery as;
black leatherette/11
Does anyone know what the /11 means? I checked Jeff Bowlsby's site, no help there. A friend has a 914-6 with a close build date to mine(2\70), and that car, which is all original, has the vinyl with basketweave inserts. That's what I was going to put in mine, but was wondering what the /11 means?
Bill
Tom_T
QUOTE(Peashooter @ Jan 10 2014, 03:02 PM) *

I just got the COA from Porsche regarding my car. It lists the upholstery as;
black leatherette/11
Does anyone know what the /11 means? I checked Jeff Bowlsby's site, no help there. A friend has a 914-6 with a close build date to mine(2\70), and that car, which is all original, has the vinyl with basketweave inserts. That's what I was going to put in mine, but was wondering what the /11 means?
Bill

Bill,

"11" is the color code for black vinyl, and you can find on Jeff's site at tech documents or somewhere that lists the interior options' codes by MY - get the closest MY to yours, and it will list the nos. & whether smooth, basketweave, corduroy, etc. Unfortunately my laptop is on the fritz so I can't just insert the doc here from my files on that laptop I've downloaded.

It took me a year & 3 tries finally going up to the Customer Care GM at PCNA to get them to correct my COA from saying "31/Black...." when 31 is the Beige, which is how I came across the doc on Jeff's website! dry.gif

If you can't find it, shoot Jeff a PM to direct you to where it is. As I recall, they were a 2 page sheet (L & R) with it in 4 languages - all text, no pix.

I recently got a VW COA for our 88 Westy for half the price & correct the first time!

PCNA is notorious for bad COAs & the arrogance to insist that they are correct, even when you have documentation like from Jeff to prove otherwise!! mad.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
1970 Neun vierzehn
agree.gif
Bill, my 70/4 has the /11 code and the CoA reads "black leatherette, basketweave".
The build date for my car is 01/1970.

OEM upholstery......

Paul
Peashooter
Great! Just the info I was looking for....that's why I love this site! The build date on my car is 2/70. When I order the interior kits, I'll get the correct ones.

I didn't know that you could get a COA for a Westy...we have a 1990 Westfalia, but I have the original window sticker for it, so there is no mystery about what options it came with.
Thanks again!
Bill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.