Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> severe off idle stumble, wonder why
rhodyguy
post Jan 13 2014, 01:38 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

right on it's nose. for starters the linkage was on the wrong end of the carbs. at least for me. the draw was equal at ldle. did the back off the pass side idle speed screw and the pass side fell about one half compared to the dr side. tried to adjust the pass side droplink with my head upside down and both hands jammed behind the pass carb. OWWW, my neck. enough for the day. shower, couch, aspirin, heating pad. apparently the previous mechanic thought the best way to ensure there were no vacuum leaks was to use cut steel lock washers everywhere and continue to tighten every nut to the point i had to lean on them a bit to loosen. filthy, filthy, filthy. gaskets were garbage. every one had to be scraped to get them off most surfaces after phase one of the exterior cleaning.

shiny. had to swap the arms for the drop links end to end so they worked with the linkage going to the front of the carbs. replaced the idle air mixture screw o-rings, hard and squished flat, and went thru the initial baseline setup. note the hi-tech bamboo measurement tool for the correct settings for the accelerator pump rods. Triad linkage is in temporarily place and will button it up tomorrow. drop links in the open out front. right where i like them.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 11:55 PM