Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1970 914 with only 30K miles!, Good condition but has broken fuel pump
tpsmith123
post Jan 13 2014, 02:49 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,882
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

On ebay at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141164567734?force...4&viewitem=

Car was garaged consistently from 1971 to 2006 and was never run in Winter. Since 2006, it has been under an oversize heavy duty cover. Car was professionally undercoated in 1971 (Ziebart).

Interior: Clean with no signs of wear.
Exterior (body) - Very nice condition; only minor rust issues.

Includes original jack, spare tire tools, foot rest, owners's manual, maintenance record, and radio (original radio was not working and I replaced it (but saved it)). Tires are like new.

Known issues:
Not running due to a broken fuel pump (no typical fuel pump hum indicates it is broken) - will need to be towed. Engine was running fine just a year ago.
Stuck handbrake (frozen rear calipers)
Speedometer not working (was run approx 50 miles without the working speedo). Speedo was refurbished in 2004, so cable is likely culprit, not the speedo itself.
One missing hubcap
Some rust in engine compartment near battery (typical for 914s).

Potential issues:
Evidence of some longitudinal rust on drivers's side; buyer will need to remove the rocker panels to gauge extent. I am told this is a very typical problem with 914s. However, given that the car has been garaged most of it's life, I am guessing that longitudinal rusting occurred only within the past six or so years, and may not be so extensive as to require major repair.

I am not selling as a parts car. The very low mileage, color, and general appearance of this 914 create value that many other 914s do not have.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:38 PM