Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Father Son Rotisserie Project, How I spent my weekend. . .
toolguy
post Jan 19 2014, 11:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,889
Region Association: Southern California

Sure is nice to have a son who is interested in cars and restorations and to be able to do things together. . . even if his current project is a 65 Mustang. . . I built one of these for my 914 but came up with a better idea on this one for raising the car. Sometimes simple is better. . $20 Harbor Freight 2000 lb trailer winch did the trick. . The winch is bolted onto a square sleeve that fits into the upright post so you only need 1 winch and move it from end to end. . All the metal was 2 1/2 and.180 wall . . the vertical slider was 3" 180 wall. the rotating pivots are DOM with a slip fit. . total cost was $300 for metal, and $45 for the wheels and the $20 hoist {On sale with a 25% coupon}. . and two days fabricating. Change the mount plates and fit any car. . Hope this can help someone with their 914.
PS no shown is 2" square tube that slide into the legs to tie the two ends together. .

Metal laid out to start.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 03:15 AM