Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Father Son Rotisserie Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toolguy
Sure is nice to have a son who is interested in cars and restorations and to be able to do things together. . . even if his current project is a 65 Mustang. . . I built one of these for my 914 but came up with a better idea on this one for raising the car. Sometimes simple is better. . $20 Harbor Freight 2000 lb trailer winch did the trick. . The winch is bolted onto a square sleeve that fits into the upright post so you only need 1 winch and move it from end to end. . All the metal was 2 1/2 and.180 wall . . the vertical slider was 3" 180 wall. the rotating pivots are DOM with a slip fit. . total cost was $300 for metal, and $45 for the wheels and the $20 hoist {On sale with a 25% coupon}. . and two days fabricating. Change the mount plates and fit any car. . Hope this can help someone with their 914.
PS no shown is 2" square tube that slide into the legs to tie the two ends together. .

Metal laid out to start.
sixnotfour
Oh great another mustang project wait until JP Stein finds this..

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=218410&hl=

Nice Rotisserie
3d914
Sounds like a fun way to spend time together. Nice job.
PanelBilly
That's a great idea to be able to lift it
t collins
That looks great, now let the real fun commence! smash.gif welder.gif
Cap'n Krusty
All Krustiness aside, that's REALLY nice work, both in design and in execution.

The Cap'n
toolguy
Wow Capt, Thanks for the kind words. .
Mblizzard
Great work. Enjoy theses times! Some of my best memories are with my dad and a 914. Seems like work now but it will turn into a lifetime of memories for your son.
CptTripps
My sons are 7 and 5. They both suck at welding.

Great work! Now get a car on it!
falcor75
Nice work, love the winch! I built a rotisserie this summer and I'm very pleased with it. Managed to get the rotation axis very close to the cg on the empty body so it turns really easy. It's definatly a feel good moment when you complete a project like this. smile.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jan 19 2014, 03:53 PM) *

All Krustiness aside, that's REALLY nice work, both in design and in execution.

The Cap'n

WHAT!!! I think I'm going to cry! lol-2.gif

But agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.