Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Regular Coilovers instead of stock rear shocks?
quadracerx
post Feb 6 2014, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,366
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hey Guys...

I'm back to work on the V8 project, finally!! New front A-arm Suspension is in, start of the roll cage is in....

I'm to the point of deciding about some of the rear suspension.... So, here are my basic questions...

1) Id like to use some shorter double adjustable coilovers in place of the long stock units... Has anyone done this in conjunction with additional rear bracing and roll cage supports....?

2) Either that or I buy a coilover conversion setup for the stock rear shocks and still do some reinforcing in the rear suspension area...

Once the cage is complete I will begin a thread with lots of pictures... but the progress has been slower than I thought because I am not a fabricator...

Thanks for your input in advance... Maybe I should have put this in the road racing section? If so, can one of the admins do it please...?

Steve "Go Hawks!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post Feb 8 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #2

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

No need to get too cute. Most important is the make of shock and the spring rate.
Im a Bisteing fan so that was easy for me....had them revalved.
The springs get a touch tricker. One needs to choose a set up where the spring is easily changed and not too pricey (both set up & springs) cause you're gonna find the right spring rate.....which means swaping springs.....I started out at 140s & ended up at 300s and I didn't have a giant iron lump in back. Springs cost 60 bucks a pop 5-6 years back.... Coleman racing'sl east expensive alternative. Big buck springs are out there but I never had a problem with the cheepos.

I never had the reinforce the stock upper mount.......but see "giant iron lump". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 10:21 AM