Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Body metalwork advice/help needed, 912 dent just behind passenger door
AE354803
post Feb 7 2014, 10:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,801
Region Association: Southern California

I have a large basketball sized shallow dent behind the passenger door of my 912. The area it's in is pretty complex as far as curves in the body go. It looks like the original repair was to drill a small amount of holes (not swiss cheesed) and fill it with body filler to level it out. Hooray.

I want to repair this correctly but I'm apprehensive about trying to learn how to work a dent out on a rear quarter panel since replacement would be a significant amount of cutting and welding if I really botch it up.

Is there anyone in the southern california area that would be willing to help teach a youngster how to work a dent out?

I have the basic metalworking hand tools and a torch.....

Sorry for the lack pictures. I haven't removed the old repair yet and I'm at work

As always thanks for the help.

Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Feb 7 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I call that method of repair California rivets. I have seen had several Cali cars that have been repaired that way. That is the worst and laziest method of repair ever. Specially when all you have to do is remove the tire and you can damn nead stick your head in there. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

I'm sure there is someone that can help. You may have to pay a few bucks. Did you try Sean at SDS?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:26 AM