Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body metalwork advice/help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AE354803
I have a large basketball sized shallow dent behind the passenger door of my 912. The area it's in is pretty complex as far as curves in the body go. It looks like the original repair was to drill a small amount of holes (not swiss cheesed) and fill it with body filler to level it out. Hooray.

I want to repair this correctly but I'm apprehensive about trying to learn how to work a dent out on a rear quarter panel since replacement would be a significant amount of cutting and welding if I really botch it up.

Is there anyone in the southern california area that would be willing to help teach a youngster how to work a dent out?

I have the basic metalworking hand tools and a torch.....

Sorry for the lack pictures. I haven't removed the old repair yet and I'm at work

As always thanks for the help.

Andy
rick 918-S
I call that method of repair California rivets. I have seen had several Cali cars that have been repaired that way. That is the worst and laziest method of repair ever. Specially when all you have to do is remove the tire and you can damn nead stick your head in there. screwy.gif

I'm sure there is someone that can help. You may have to pay a few bucks. Did you try Sean at SDS?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.