Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Anyone own this 1974 914 1.8 in a storage area?, Been watching this orphan gathering SNOW-Photo
TJB/914
post Feb 7 2014, 03:01 PM
Post #1

Mid-Engn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Anyone on 914-World own this 914??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

I've been watching this orphan 914 for about 6-months in a repair shop in the metro Dearborn MI (downriver area) gathering dust, snow & rust waiting for the garage to fix a fuel problem. The garage owner will not give me the owners name saying the owner wants it fixed and in no hurry. We all know it will come up For Sale when the owner gets flustered with progress. I left my name with the garage owner telling him I want to buy it, etc. etc.
I tried to get the vin # but the car is locked & it's something like 47429120?? (dirty window)
BTW: I don't need/want a project, but want to pass on new ownership to a worthy member here (if they call me). Garold it has your name on it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Tom

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 4)
spare time toys
post Feb 7 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #2

hooked on grilling food.

Member No.: 1,884
Region Association: Southwest Region

Did you try running the tags?
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Feb 7 2014, 07:28 PM
Post #3

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(spare time toys @ Feb 7 2014, 07:37 PM) *

Did you try running the tags?

No I didn't because I don't know how it's done. I got the impression the garage owner does not have any intention to fix it soon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) The longer it sits outside the value goes down. I feel sorry for the owner. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

It's in fairly good conditions or an excellent parts car. Another photo a few months ago.

Tom

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Feb 7 2014, 09:25 PM
Post #4

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

Not in VIN database based on the 8 digits you got.
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Feb 7 2014, 10:17 PM
Post #5

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Feb 7 2014, 03:01 PM) *

Anyone on 914-World own this 914??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

I've been watching this orphan 914 for about 6-months in a repair shop in the metro Dearborn MI (downriver area) gathering dust, snow & rust waiting for the garage to fix a fuel problem. The garage owner will not give me the owners name saying the owner wants it fixed and in no hurry. We all know it will come up For Sale when the owner gets flustered with progress. I left my name with the garage owner telling him I want to buy it, etc. etc.
I tried to get the vin # but the car is locked & it's something like 47429120?? (dirty window)
BTW: I don't need/want a project, but want to pass on new ownership to a worthy member here (if they call me). Garold it has your name on it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Tom

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) Keep me posted Tom (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:19 PM