Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone own this 1974 914 1.8 in a storage area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Anyone on 914-World own this 914??? popcorn[1].gif

I've been watching this orphan 914 for about 6-months in a repair shop in the metro Dearborn MI (downriver area) gathering dust, snow & rust waiting for the garage to fix a fuel problem. The garage owner will not give me the owners name saying the owner wants it fixed and in no hurry. We all know it will come up For Sale when the owner gets flustered with progress. I left my name with the garage owner telling him I want to buy it, etc. etc.
I tried to get the vin # but the car is locked & it's something like 47429120?? (dirty window)
BTW: I don't need/want a project, but want to pass on new ownership to a worthy member here (if they call me). Garold it has your name on it. stirthepot.gif

Tom
spare time toys
Did you try running the tags?
TJB/914
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Feb 7 2014, 07:37 PM) *

Did you try running the tags?

No I didn't because I don't know how it's done. I got the impression the garage owner does not have any intention to fix it soon. confused24.gif The longer it sits outside the value goes down. I feel sorry for the owner. headbang.gif

It's in fairly good conditions or an excellent parts car. Another photo a few months ago.

Tom

jim_hoyland
Not in VIN database based on the 8 digits you got.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Feb 7 2014, 03:01 PM) *

Anyone on 914-World own this 914??? popcorn[1].gif

I've been watching this orphan 914 for about 6-months in a repair shop in the metro Dearborn MI (downriver area) gathering dust, snow & rust waiting for the garage to fix a fuel problem. The garage owner will not give me the owners name saying the owner wants it fixed and in no hurry. We all know it will come up For Sale when the owner gets flustered with progress. I left my name with the garage owner telling him I want to buy it, etc. etc.
I tried to get the vin # but the car is locked & it's something like 47429120?? (dirty window)
BTW: I don't need/want a project, but want to pass on new ownership to a worthy member here (if they call me). Garold it has your name on it. stirthepot.gif

Tom

aktion035.gif Keep me posted Tom beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.