Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sold the Dog, and going to build a historic racing 4
Downunderman
post Feb 11 2014, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 766
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

After about 16 years and a restoration and many tarmac rallies and race meetings I have sold it. Its gone to a good home (he already has two or three).

I have found a couple of 4's sitting in a shed in Melbourne which I will have a look at in a few weeks time when I am down at the Phillip Island historics. One or other should make a good base for a historic racer. Here's the issue for you blokes; I am limited to a 1.7 plus 1.5mm bore increase, so about 1740cc all up. I can use the existing injection or carbs. I need will need about 170hp out of it. Obviously a lot of revs and compression, but what internals, heads etc??

Whilst I have to use all steel body panels I can use plastic windows and should be able to get the weight down to about 800kg. BTW, does anyone have any photos of cars competing in the era (early 70's) with the windscreen chopped off? That might be an option to get rid of a bit of weight and windage.

Photo of the Dog in its most recent Rennesport meeting livery last year.

Cheers,

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 09:28 AM