Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Note to Self, Things NOT to do when working on cars!
LvSteveH
post May 27 2003, 10:27 PM
Post #1

I put the Poor in Porsche

Group: Members
Member No.: 600

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Note #1 In the future, remember to put a drain pan under the torque converter when pulling the engine on an American car with automatic trans to avoid having the shop look like something out of a cheap horror flick due to 8 quarts of ATF on the floor.

Note #2 In the future, remember to reset the air compressor to 90psi to run air tools, 150psi seems to do very bad things to the impact.

I'm hoping that by making a public spectacle of my stupidity I’ll remember not to make these mistakes again. Thank you for your help. Hey, this is a lot cheaper than real therapy.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PatW
post May 27 2003, 10:50 PM
Post #2

Wassup?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 317
Region Association: Northern California

Yup, Been there did that. My old TH400 on my Chevy held a case of ATF and then some in the converter.

Hell of a thing when a cooler line decided to spring a leak and dump tranny fulid all over the road.
Seen my share of ballooned torque convereters exploding too

Sure glad I don't drive old detroit iron anymore. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
LvSteveH
post May 27 2003, 11:05 PM
Post #3

I put the Poor in Porsche

Member No.: 600

It was a TH350 in a 78 Blazer. I almost forgot:

Note #3 When cleaning up the massive amounts of ATF and antifreeze remember to take off the mechanix gloves and put on latex gloves, apparently when the mechanix gloves reach their saturation point with the aforementioned mixture, the dye begins to run, and my hands are now black, and the five industrial hand cleaners I’ve tried have had no effect at all. Just another thing to remind me not to do that again I suppose.

:toilet:
+Quote Post
kdfoust
post May 27 2003, 11:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 71
Region Association: Southern California

heh heh. I once forgot to tighten the oil cooler lines on a diesel after doing some surgery. Do you know what diesel engine oil looks like? To quote the Beverly Hillbillies "Black gold, Texas T." I still get to look at the trail I left down the driveway and into the street and then the U-turn 1/2 block down the street and the trail back up the driveway and into the garage...dang.

Have fun,
Kevin
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:51 AM