Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuel Sender not working
john77
post Feb 26 2014, 01:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,027
Region Association: Southern California

Hi

I'm the proud new owner of a 73 914/6 conversion, with a handful of minor electrical gremlins that I need to track down - so firstly, hello. And secondly, HELP!

My knowledge of car electrics is somewhere between idiot and novice, so please bear with me. The OEM fuel sender gauge has been swapped out for a 911 oil temp/pressure gauge and an aftermarket fuel sender mounted on the dash. The needle raises about 4mm when the ignition is switched on, but won't go any further no matter the level of fuel in the tank.

I removed the sender unit from the gas tank and the float isn't stuck (I have no idea how to check the sender internal circuitry). Then I checked the voltage at the positive pin of the sender and it's only reading 5.5V.

I have a Haynes manual in the mail, and am struggling to read the wiring diagrams on Pelican because, unless I'm missing something, none of them appear to have key of what each of the numbered components are. So I thought I'd seek help here because maybe the cause is something really obvious and, well, I'm impatient. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks
John
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 07:49 AM