Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS/FREE: Bunch of Panorama and other books/mags
smontanaro
post Mar 9 2014, 06:15 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,197
Region Association: Upper MidWest

We're moving (early April) and these magazines and books aren't. The first group is for sale. The second is yours for the cost of shipping (feel free to just take a few). I'm in Evanston, IL. If you're nearby, feel free to come pick them up.

Edit: I came across pix of the Pano covers and uploaded them to Picasa: https://picasaweb.google.com/111679176574623501890/Pano

For Sale

I have Ferry Porsche's autobiography and a few issues of Automobile Quarterly, all with one or more articles related to Porsche. Prices do not include postage. These can go Media Mail (no ads).
  • We At Porsche: The Autobiography of Dr. Ing. h.c. Ferry Porsche with John Bentley. Dust jacket is a bit torn, but otherwise in excellent condition. $7
  • Automobile Quarterly vol. 14 no. 4. Swing Axles, Flat Fours, and Baggy Tops - Porsche's Enduring Speedster. Excellent condition. $3
  • Automobile Quarterly vol. 2 no. 4. Consider the Porsche. Excellent condition. $3
  • Automobile Quarterly vol. 9 no. 2. An issue devoted mostly to Porsche: Porsche: The Man, Porsche: The Car, Porsche: A Guide Through the Maze, Porsche: A Racing Portfolio, Porsche: The Cars to Beat. Very good condition - front couple pages are bent. $3
Free

I have a bunch of free stuff, mostly Porsche Panorama. You pay postage (magazines, so can't go Media Mail - a few will fit in a Priority Mail flat rate envelope, a bunch in larger flat rate boxes).
  • Porsche Panorama December 2006 through June 2009, except March 2007, 33 issues total. All are in very good to excellent condition.
  • Excellence Feb. 2012, 1989-98 911 Buyers Guide
  • Excellence Oct. 2008, 831,000 Miles: 911T That Keeps on Going
  • Excellence Dec. 2005, Outlaw 356: A Meaner Roadster
  • Excellence June 2008, Proto 914: Famous Raetech SCCA Champion
  • Excellence Aug. 2009, 911 Market Update: 1974-89
  • Excellence Aug. 2006, New GT3: The Best Driver's 911 Ever? (pshaw!)
  • Porsche: A Tradition of Greatness Mar. 1984. Fourteen articles about Porsches (and no ads!). Includes Type 914: Product of the Joint Chiefs.
  • Popular Classics May 1994. Triumph TR4 (why I bought it). No obvious Porsche content.
  • Triumph World April/May 1995. No obvious Porsche content.
  • Grassroots Motorsports November/December 1995. No obvious Porsche content.
  • Convert It: A Step-by-Step Manual for Converting an Internal Combustion Vehicle to Electric Power, by Michael P. Brown with Shari Prange. Probably interesting mostly as a historical curiosity at this point. 1993.
Finally, two bits from my much earlier life messing around with 356s (pre-Internet).
  • 1500 GS Carrera Parts Supplement. This is just a photocopy, but man-oh-man, is that 547 one beautiful engine! I never owned one, and long ago dumped all my photocopied A and pre-A parts manuals. Just couldn't bear to toss this one.
  • Letter from Ed Mayo, dated April 22, 1978, on his Porsha letterhead. I must have been asked about the throttle response (or lack thereof) on my Speedster in a letter to him as the Pano 356 tech guy. The letter is a fairly detailed (three pages, handwritten) explanation of adjusting the 356 throttle linkage.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:51 PM