Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oil leak, not from push rod tubes, new to type IV
Seabird
post Mar 21 2014, 07:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,683
Region Association: South East States

Hey everyone. I bought this 914 2.0L back in November and have been slowly preparing it for the track. The underside was pretty messy with oil when I got it. I got the impression that the push rod tubes were the source of the oil so I decided to go ahead and replace them, their o-ring seals, and adjust the valves. That project went well. I was doing other engine maintenance (ignition, exhaust, etc...) items and have now finally gotten around to being able to crank the engine up.

When I got is started I noticed there is still a bit of an oil leak coming from the 1-2 bank. Initially I blamed my install of the push rod tubes. After a close inspection I noticed the oil is coming from higher above. I took a few pics last night after running the engine for 10 min or so. It was not easy to photograph because of lighting.

The red circles show where the oil is. The bottom picture shows the push rod tubes and the seals.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dl.dropboxusercontent.com-16683-1395409043.1.jpg)

Thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 11:51 AM