Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another father and son restoration thread, Let the resto begin.
914itis
post Jul 15 2015, 08:40 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,256
Region Association: North East States

More

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jul 15 2015, 08:54 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) Sweet I almost forgot about this gold barn find.

Wow that engine cleaned up great! Nice work guys. Sounds like Ashton is pretty talented! Some of the things on your list are not novice tasks. Valve adjustment?

The compression was good then? And that single carb is temporary (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) ?

+Quote Post
914itis
post Jul 15 2015, 09:04 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,256
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jul 15 2015, 10:54 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif) Sweet I almost forgot about this gold barn find.

Wow that engine cleaned up great! Nice work guys. Sounds like Ashton is pretty talented! Some of the things on your list are not novice tasks. Valve adjustment?

The compression was good then? And that single carb is temporary (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) ?

I have done a few adjustments over the years . I intend to do a compression test soon as well.
Yes he's saving up for some dual webbers hopefully before he's able to drive it. He turns 16 in September.
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jul 15 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #44

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(914itis @ Jul 15 2015, 10:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jul 15 2015, 10:54 PM) *

I have done a few adjustments over the years . I intend to do a compression test soon as well.
Yes he's saving up for some dual webbers hopefully before he's able to drive it. He turns 16 in September.

Oh I'm sure you have done a valve adjustment, but it's impressive that your 15 year old son can do one! Or any of the other things you mentioned. You taught him well! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 07:04 AM