Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Heat exchanger/muffler question, can I modify this?
Scott S
post Jan 10 2005, 11:26 AM
Post #1

Small Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 633

Hi All -
My car has 1.7l stainless heat exchangers thatare in nearly new condition. They were installed by the PO. I really want to continue in the spirit of the GT and install the correct muffler - however the upward bend of the 1.7 exchangers wont allow it. Being that creating this muffler requires cutting holes and welding in new pipes, can I do the same thing on the rear and simply move the flanges up so it fits with the 1.7 exchangers?

Does any company (like triad) make a muffler where I can use my current exchangers, but gives the appearance of the dual outlet GT muffler?

In a perfect world, I would want to use the 2.0 muffler, add the pipes - but cap them off, keeping the factory outlet as well. I saw this on an RSR -looked very mean.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Scott Schroeder   Heat exchanger/muffler question   Jan 10 2005, 11:26 AM
Root_Werks   If it is the can or banananananana style muffler, ...   Jan 10 2005, 11:38 AM
Dave_Darling   How about Door Number Three-- Swap the exchangers ...   Jan 10 2005, 04:18 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 11:27 AM