Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> NPC: Fuel injector cleaning solution, not the fuel additive crap
AE354803
post Mar 25 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,801
Region Association: Southern California

I need to clean up some injectors for a daily driver Volvo. I would normally send them out but the car is driven every day and the driver can't/won't drive a manual car so there is nothing for them to use during the injector cleaning turnaround time. Now the fun starts.

I have a rig to cycle fluid through and pulse the injectors but I don't know what fluid to use to clean them. Most searches turn up the fuel tank additive which I have a feeling may be too volatile and strong to run through injectors as is.

Does anyone know what is normally used to clean up the injectors by the fuel injector cleaning services?

Some search results showed BG44K(for the on car flushes), kerosene, mineral spirits, gas +ATF, on and on and on....

Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
pnewman
post Mar 27 2014, 12:23 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,606
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(AE354803 @ Mar 25 2014, 03:34 PM) *

I need to clean up some injectors for a daily driver Volvo. I would normally send them out but the car is driven every day and the driver can't/won't drive a manual car so there is nothing for them to use during the injector cleaning turnaround time. Now the fun starts.

I have a rig to cycle fluid through and pulse the injectors but I don't know what fluid to use to clean them. Most searches turn up the fuel tank additive which I have a feeling may be too volatile and strong to run through injectors as is.

Does anyone know what is normally used to clean up the injectors by the fuel injector cleaning services?

Some search results showed BG44K(for the on car flushes), kerosene, mineral spirits, gas +ATF, on and on and on....

Andy

Try Mr Injectors website:

http://www.mrinjector.us/

+Quote Post
Bob L.
post Mar 27 2014, 12:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,411
Region Association: Southwest Region

I have not done it myself but I've read some people use Techron from Chevron. It seems get the best reviews from what I have read. I don't know if it is available by itself or as an additive in other fluids. Good luck.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:12 PM