Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: Fuel injector cleaning solution
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
AE354803
I need to clean up some injectors for a daily driver Volvo. I would normally send them out but the car is driven every day and the driver can't/won't drive a manual car so there is nothing for them to use during the injector cleaning turnaround time. Now the fun starts.

I have a rig to cycle fluid through and pulse the injectors but I don't know what fluid to use to clean them. Most searches turn up the fuel tank additive which I have a feeling may be too volatile and strong to run through injectors as is.

Does anyone know what is normally used to clean up the injectors by the fuel injector cleaning services?

Some search results showed BG44K(for the on car flushes), kerosene, mineral spirits, gas +ATF, on and on and on....

Andy
pnewman
QUOTE(AE354803 @ Mar 25 2014, 03:34 PM) *

I need to clean up some injectors for a daily driver Volvo. I would normally send them out but the car is driven every day and the driver can't/won't drive a manual car so there is nothing for them to use during the injector cleaning turnaround time. Now the fun starts.

I have a rig to cycle fluid through and pulse the injectors but I don't know what fluid to use to clean them. Most searches turn up the fuel tank additive which I have a feeling may be too volatile and strong to run through injectors as is.

Does anyone know what is normally used to clean up the injectors by the fuel injector cleaning services?

Some search results showed BG44K(for the on car flushes), kerosene, mineral spirits, gas +ATF, on and on and on....

Andy

Try Mr Injectors website:

http://www.mrinjector.us/

Bob L.
I have not done it myself but I've read some people use Techron from Chevron. It seems get the best reviews from what I have read. I don't know if it is available by itself or as an additive in other fluids. Good luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.