Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oil pressure sender, installation torque
boxsterfan
post Mar 26 2014, 12:24 PM
Post #1

914's are kewl

Group: Members
Member No.: 791
Region Association: Northern California

So my 2.0L has oil leaks and mine is likely leaking from the oil pressure sender. At least that is is the "easy fix" hope. Otherwise, I'll have to look at oil cooler seal or pushrod tube seal leaks.

When under the motor, I can always see a droplet of oil building up on the filter so it's likely coming from above there. Plus, there is oil up top in the oil pressure sender aea, but some of that could be coming from the oil filler gasket area also.

I'm not ready to spend the money on dual sender with VDO oil pressure gauge in the cockpit so I went the cheaper route and got the $5.25 replacement switch from PP.

However, I can't find any previous posts on how much torque should be applied when tightening in the replacement sender? I suspect it is not much? (5-10 ft/lbs?) Snug it up by hand (deep socket with extension) and then turn 1/4 turn?

Need to be careful not to break the new one I hear.

TIA...

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 09:44 AM