Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pressure sender
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
So my 2.0L has oil leaks and mine is likely leaking from the oil pressure sender. At least that is is the "easy fix" hope. Otherwise, I'll have to look at oil cooler seal or pushrod tube seal leaks.

When under the motor, I can always see a droplet of oil building up on the filter so it's likely coming from above there. Plus, there is oil up top in the oil pressure sender aea, but some of that could be coming from the oil filler gasket area also.

I'm not ready to spend the money on dual sender with VDO oil pressure gauge in the cockpit so I went the cheaper route and got the $5.25 replacement switch from PP.

However, I can't find any previous posts on how much torque should be applied when tightening in the replacement sender? I suspect it is not much? (5-10 ft/lbs?) Snug it up by hand (deep socket with extension) and then turn 1/4 turn?

Need to be careful not to break the new one I hear.

TIA...

TheCabinetmaker
use your bolt sense and tighten it enough to not leak but not enough to break it. just turn it lightly till it stops turning. if it leaks, give it a bit more. Learned this on the flightline in Takhli in the 60's. we had no time to go find a torque wrench
Cap'n Krusty
It's a tapered (pipe) thread, and the senders are made of a relatively soft material. Just snug it down well. No sealant, no gasket.

The Cap'n
JawjaPorsche
When I tried to remove the old one it broke. That was a bitch! sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.