Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Delete seat belt wiring mess, Help in doing so...
tomrev
post Mar 31 2014, 05:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,037
Region Association: None

I am sure many, many 914'ers have viewed the pile of wires on the later 914's while doing restoration work, and like me, wanted to simplify/eliminate this mess. I'm pretty sure the whole pile is for the interlock circuits with ignition that keep the engine from cranking unless the driver is clicked in, plus the E-brake warning circuit. Am i correct in this belief? If so, may I jumper both legs of the heavy gauge yellow (starter sol.), and cut and cap all the other wires there, and eliminate the junction box there? Or is there more to it, and my hopes of an easy clean up not to be. I always use belts, and don't need the car to nanny me. All help will be appreciated! This is a '75 model.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
tomrev   Delete seat belt wiring mess   Mar 31 2014, 05:53 PM
Jeff Bowlsby   I am sure many, many 914'ers have viewed the ...   Mar 31 2014, 06:08 PM
tomrev   Thanks!   Apr 1 2014, 08:14 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 03:24 PM