Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Delete seat belt wiring mess
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomrev
I am sure many, many 914'ers have viewed the pile of wires on the later 914's while doing restoration work, and like me, wanted to simplify/eliminate this mess. I'm pretty sure the whole pile is for the interlock circuits with ignition that keep the engine from cranking unless the driver is clicked in, plus the E-brake warning circuit. Am i correct in this belief? If so, may I jumper both legs of the heavy gauge yellow (starter sol.), and cut and cap all the other wires there, and eliminate the junction box there? Or is there more to it, and my hopes of an easy clean up not to be. I always use belts, and don't need the car to nanny me. All help will be appreciated! This is a '75 model.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(tomrev @ Mar 31 2014, 04:53 PM) *

I am sure many, many 914'ers have viewed the pile of wires on the later 914's while doing restoration work, and like me, wanted to simplify/eliminate this mess. I'm pretty sure the whole pile is for the interlock circuits with ignition that keep the engine from cranking unless the driver is clicked in, plus the E-brake warning circuit. Am i correct in this belief? If so, may I jumper both legs of the heavy gauge yellow (starter sol.), and cut and cap all the other wires there, and eliminate the junction box there? Or is there more to it, and my hopes of an easy clean up not to be. I always use belts, and don't need the car to nanny me. All help will be appreciated! This is a '75 model.

Just connect the two large yellow wires to bypass the circuit box. Don't cut anything, they are doing no harm and it is all reversible.

tomrev
Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.