Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wiremesh for engine lid, Where do I get it?
davep
post Jan 14 2005, 06:34 AM
Post #21

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

bottom

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
datapace
post Jan 14 2005, 06:39 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,579
Region Association: South East States

Qarl said he got his from here:

http://www.hkperf.com

Perforated metal...

Diamond

http://www.hkperf.com/instock/stdeco.html

-bryan
+Quote Post
greg.treadway
post Jan 14 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #23

914 Nut

Member No.: 3,295

We sell the GT grill material for $50. Part number B91450401300. On another note there are two different styles. There is the 916 grill which is two pieces overlaped in the middle which covers the upper and lower and the GT rally grill which is two pieces, upper and lower and does not overlap. I hate to see people combine good engine lids.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Jan 14 2005, 10:12 AM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I hate to see people combine good engine lids

for the most part, they are not worth too much, they don't really break, they don't get damaged easily unless someone is extremly careless with it.....it's hard to sell one for $20 at the swapmeets.....

just because the dealer or factory sells/sold them for $300 (wild ass guess), it does not mean the part is worth $150 used

If the material you have does match than yes, then even at $50 it might be easier to convert an existing lid using just the new material...
+Quote Post
Joseph Mills
post Jan 14 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #25

on a Sonoma diet now...

Member No.: 39

QUOTE (DJsRepS @ Jan 14 2005, 04:04 AM)
The orignal insulation pad was behind the seats in the cab right? Ive never seen one in the motor bay. I thought it looked kinda neat and was just wondering if it made any improvements in the cab.

Yes, there are pads in the engine compartment. I don't know if a pad comes in every car (year & model) - others more knowledgeable can answer that. Seems that -6 did not have the pad?

There is another pad in the passenger compartment that is behind the seats and surrounding area. This pad has also been removed in my car.

Removing all the pads presents a savings in weight at the expense of less noise and thermal insulation.

The original pads are much thicker and denser than the silver foil pad (it does not equate to the originals).

Engine noises, especially with carbs, is noticeably louder with the GT lid than a stock lid with raintray.

Which for my preference is a good thing. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

If it were a daily driver street car and I was commuting in it, I would want to stay with original pads and lid.
+Quote Post
davep
post Jan 14 2005, 12:05 PM
Post #26

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

The engine compartment pad was installed from about 1973 up. That is why the sixes did not get it.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 01:22 PM