Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> whoa.., steerinh/horn
topdog
post Apr 19 2014, 06:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,739
Region Association: None

attempting to correct minor up/down movement of steering wheel. po replaced oem wheel with a momo. removed horn button and nut but wheel won't slide up and off. steering shaft looks to be misaligned with steering wheel splines just enough to bind it. i buttoned it back up until i could consult with you guys and now the slop is gone but when i turn the ignition switch on the horn blows. disconnected hot wire at horn and awaiting advice. thank you, thank you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
flipb
post Apr 19 2014, 07:03 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I've had that happen with my stock wheel & horn. I think I eventually had to replace the metal horn contact plate, but first check the wire to the horn button and see if the insulation is damaged - quick wrap with electrical tape might solve it.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Apr 19 2014, 10:08 AM
Post #3

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

You tightened the wheel and the horn shorted. The wire that connects to the horn button is a ground wire. Sounds like the wire has grounded to the momo adapter. That may be why the wheel was left loose.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 08:38 AM