Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: whoa..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
topdog
attempting to correct minor up/down movement of steering wheel. po replaced oem wheel with a momo. removed horn button and nut but wheel won't slide up and off. steering shaft looks to be misaligned with steering wheel splines just enough to bind it. i buttoned it back up until i could consult with you guys and now the slop is gone but when i turn the ignition switch on the horn blows. disconnected hot wire at horn and awaiting advice. thank you, thank you.
flipb
I've had that happen with my stock wheel & horn. I think I eventually had to replace the metal horn contact plate, but first check the wire to the horn button and see if the insulation is damaged - quick wrap with electrical tape might solve it.
TheCabinetmaker
You tightened the wheel and the horn shorted. The wire that connects to the horn button is a ground wire. Sounds like the wire has grounded to the momo adapter. That may be why the wheel was left loose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.