Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Log view of my first tuning run, Cool new datalog viewer
DNHunt
post Jan 13 2005, 07:41 PM
Post #1

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

I'm finally on the road. Took Kevin for a ride yesterday. I'm using a lot of oil but it only has a hundred miles on it.

Pay attention to the gold line, the purple line and the red line. Red is RPM, Purple is vacuum and gold is Air/fuel mixture. Jake will shit if he sees this. A/F varies from 12 to 20. I'd like to see from 12.5 to about 13.7. I guess I have a lot of work to do.

Dave

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Jan 13 2005, 09:08 PM
Post #2

From the cockpit

Member No.: 1,845

Damn Dave, you are in an area my horse and buggy mind cant grasp. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)
So Carb Kevin gets a ride in the EFI Hunt-Jake mega burner.....what condition was the passanger seat in?

Tim
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jan 13 2005, 09:08 PM
Post #3

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hey Dave, did you notice its running preetty lean there?

How is the CHTemps?

Geoff
+Quote Post
TimT
post Jan 13 2005, 10:04 PM
Post #4

retired

Member No.: 313

What happened at the end of the run?

rpm and pw seem steady, but map and a/f are all over the place?
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jan 13 2005, 10:35 PM
Post #5

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

He kept lifting his foot off the gas while Kevin was trying to pull the keys out of the ignition and yelling "Slow down!"

Geoff (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Jan 14 2005, 01:41 AM
Post #6

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

sorry i didn't make a statement earlier dave.

it was a real treat to go for a ride in dave's car. FIRST 914 i've ridden in with REAL power. dave got to make a good run up the gears on an onramp. the most telling part was the power band from 2nd thru 4th, . linear is how i would discribe it. when dave fine tunes the m.s., it will only be better. carbs and my mallory (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif) would be an interesting comparison (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif) . dave has done a great job with the engine. i don't know if i would have the balls to tackle this kind of project, just looking at the ignition setup makes me (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif) . rock on dave. i really appreciate the opportunity i've had to make new friends with these stupid cars.

kevin
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jan 14 2005, 07:32 AM
Post #7

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Geoff

Right now I don't know if I believe the O2 sensor. Temps are fine and plugs are on the verge of fouling. Oil consumption is up there so that could account for the dark plugs and a bad O2 sensor. If the o2 sensor is right I need to give it more fuel. I need to find someone who has WB o2 that I can check against.

Tim if you look at it pulse widths do follow MAP as I blip the throttle. These are large injectors to start with. Also, MS breaks openning and closing time out of the pulsewidth. If I remember right these total about 1.2 ms so opening times are a significant addition to the opening times and are not controlled by the ECU. This presents some problems when you get to low load situations. 0.1 ms of opening time could cause a real change in A/F. I have considered 1.7 L injectors as this would be less of a problem.

Dave
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 11:40 AM