Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Transmission and Now No $$$, Problem with seller on this site
billh1963
post Jul 10 2015, 02:34 PM
Post #101

Car Hoarder!

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(mr914 @ Jul 10 2015, 04:30 PM) *

Anyone else notice that 85sonoma is a newbie that signed up the same day he posted names and address for a year old thread.

Sounds fishy fishy to me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Maybe not...Maybe just posting a warning that the guy is still active:

Pelican Posting on scam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beware courtney hegler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmohler View Post
I have seen several posts on Pelican by Drjenkins/DrWJenkins. His real name is Courtney Hegler. He will tell you that Courtney Hegler is his wife who had her identity hi-jacked several years ago by someone who did lots of bad stuff. I purchased a 924s special edition from him 3 mos. ago that he had advertised on Pelican. He stated that it ran ' with a remote fuel pump '. He represented the car as a project but one that would at least run without too much work. When I received the car 6 weeks later after shipping it across country to Ca. I found on the very first day that it had a seized engine. I found after tearing the engine down that it had two spun rod bearings and had probably not run in several years. He agreed to compensate me for the damage, which he never did, and he never sent me the title that he promised. Now he doesn't communicate with me at all in spite of my repeated attempts. He is not the 'good guy' that he presents himself to be. He is a lying deadbeat. I know that there are those out there that will stick up for him but there are many more that have stories similar to mine. He is a skillful liar that will tell you what you want to hear. He has already been banned from this website as well as Samba, 914 and probably others while operating under other names. SpecialInt, Vectorvan are ones that I have found. There are probably others. A Google search will show that this guy has a long history of bad dealings.

Repeat offender. He wont scam me again. Its worth while to follow up and get your money back. You will win in the long run. He apparently must make a living scamming people via the internet.

He lives at 21110 Georgia Avenue, Brookeville, MD 20833.

He has *_several warrants_* out for his arrest out of Montgomery and Frederick County, Maryland.

His 'wife' Katherine Hegler, is an accountant at Broadsoft Inc., 9737 Washingtonian Blvd #350, Gaithersburg, MD 20878. They 'joke' on social media about heroin use and paying their babysitter in heroin. Someone should tip the DEA or something lol!

What a gem!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Jul 10 2015, 02:39 PM
Post #102

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

Google searches show his name everywhere.....
+Quote Post
ajserrano
post May 28 2017, 10:58 PM
Post #103

914-6 GT

Member No.: 264
Region Association: Southern California

FOR THE COURTNEY KRAN HEGLER FANS! I WAS JUST SCAMMED BY COURTNEY KRAN HEGLER ON 03/29/2017!

AND WITH A TOTAL LOSS SO FAR OF $3,044 to be EXACT!

(03/24/2017) COURTNEY KARN HEGLER LIED AND MISREPRESENTED THE 914-6 ZF LSD GEARBOX HE ADVERTISED ON THE SAMBA FORUM!

Attached Image

(03/29/2017) COURTNEY KARN HEGLER LIED TO ME ABOUT HIS REAL NAME! IT IS CERTAINLY NOT "GARY SCHARF" --- LIAR!!!

(03/29/2017) COURTNEY KARN HEGLER LIED TO ME OVER THE PHONE, CONFIRMED A FRESHLY REBUILT GENUINE 914-6 GEARBOX BUT LATER SHIPPED A PIECE OF SHIT TOTALLY SHOT 914-4 GEARBOX, NO ZF LSD AND ALSO NEEDING A TOTAL REBUILD! RECENTLY PRESSURED WASHED, THEN RATTLE-CANNED WITH SILVER PAINT (OVER DIRT AND ALL) AND REPLACED ALL THE UGLY OLD NUTS AT TOP OF GEARBOX WITH NEW HARDWARE FOR THE 'GLAMOUR SHOTS'. CLAIMS HE KNOWS NOTHING, IT WAS JUST SOLD TO HIM AS HE ADVERTISED IT. SCAMMER!!! WHILE DOING MY RESEARCH, I ALSO NOTICED SOMEONE ELSE ALSO HAD A PRIOR ISSUE WITH COURTNEY AND A PORSCHE GEARBOX, I WILL CONTACTING THE INDIVIDUAL TO HEAR IF THAT WAS RESOLVED.

(03/29/2017) COURTNEY KARN HEGLER LIED TO ME OVER THE PHONE, BOTH LSD FLANGES TURN FORWARD @ SAME TIME (CONFIRMING HIS BOX HAD A LSD) BUT NO LSD FOUND IN GEARBOX IN THE INSPECTION! (PERFORMED BY REPUTABLE AND HONEST SHOP, EUROPEAN AUTOWERKE).

Attached Image

(04/04/2017) COURTNEY KARN HEGLER LIED ABOUT LOCKING WHEELS ON SHIPPING DOLLY! I HAVE IT IN WRITING VIA A TEXT REPLY!
COURTNEY CREATED A 'HAZMAT' SITUATION AT THE FEDEX FACILITY, REDMOND, WA BY SHIPPING THE GEARBOX FULL OF FLUID! (WHO DOES THAT?!!!
WITH OIL NOW SPILLING OUT OF GEARBOX BECAUSE THE DOLLY WHEELS WEREN'T LOCKED AS REQUESTED, FEDEX TIPPED THE GEARBOX ON ITS SIDE TO STEADY THE UNIT.
THANK YOU COURTNEY! YOU COST ME A LOT AN ADDITIONAL $160 I PAID EUROPEAN AUTOWERKE TO GO FIX THE HAZMAT PROBLEM YOU CREATED.

Attached Image

(04/17/2017) WE FINALLY HAD A CHANCE TO RETRIEVE THE "POS" 914-4 GEARBOX FROM FEDEX REDMOND AND NOW AT THE SHOP FOR THE INSPECTION.
SIDE COVER COMES OFF AND THE SCAM IS OUT IN THE OPEN! I IMMEDIATELY STARTED CALLING AND TEXTING COURTNEY KARN HEGLER, BUT OF COURSE, NO REPLIES.
COURTNEY KNEW HE WAS CAUGHT IN THE SCAM AND GOES INTO HIDING.

Attached Image

(04/21/2017) COURTNEY KARN HEGLER WOULD NOT RETURN ANY OF MY CALLS OR NUMEROUS TEXTS FOR DAYS, NOT UNTIL I LOCATED HIS CURRENT LANDLORD TO EXPOSE HIM.
THAT'S WHEN I GOT HIS ATTENTION AND HE FINALLY RESPONDED-- IN MINUTES!!! COURTNEY ONLY TAKES ACTION WHEN HE FEELS CORNERED.

Attached Image

FIRST ATTEMPT WITH A DELAY TACTIC, AN OFFERED TO SETTLE. REALLY? $1,200 AND I GET TO KEEP YOUR POS GEARBOX SO I CAN THROW IT IN THE TRASH?

(04/24/2017) COURTNEY KARN HEGLER LIED YET AGAIN, SAID HE'S OKAY REFUNDING ME $1,900, HIS LAWYER PUTTING IT IN WRITING.
NEVER HEARD FROM HIS LAWYER!!! ONE MORE DELAY TACTIC, HIS SPECIALTY!

Attached Image

(05/02/2017) COURTNEY KARN HEGLER LIED AGAIN ABOUT A REFUND WHEN HE SAID HE WILL REFUND ME THE FULL $1,900 PURCHASE PRICE FROM HIS NEXT COMMISSION CHECK (05/14/2017). THAT DATE HAS NOW COME AND GONE (SEE 05/18 BELOW) AND OF COURSE, NO REFUND AS OF TODAY 05/28/2017. I'M NOT STUPID, I REALIZE COURTNEY SIMPLY HAS NO INTENTION OF REIMBURSING ME. HE WILL PUSH YOU TO THE END UNTIL YOU TAKE ACTION IN COURT (AS HE'S DONE WITH MANY OTHERS). COURTNEY GAMBLES THAT HIS VICTIMS JUST GO AWAY. COURTNEY, I'M RELENTLESS!

(05/18/2017) COURTNEY KARN HEGLER LIED ABOUT MAILING YESTERDAY 2 PARTIAL PAYMENTS, NO LONGER $1,900 AS PREVIOUSLY STATED;
$1,000 (TOWARDS THE 914-4 GEARBOX) + $200 (TOWARDS FEDEX HAZMAT RETRIVAL AND GEARBOX INSPECTION FEE). OF COURSE, NO CHECKS AS OF 05/28/17. READ THE TEXT EXCHANGE.
BY THE WAY COURTNEY, HOW DO YOU 'UN-MAIL' A LETTER YOU PLACED IN THE HANDS OF THE USPS? YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!!!
(AND I DON'T REALLY WANT TO HEAR IT FROM THE PEANUT GALLERY HOW THE U.S. MAIL CAN BE SO DELAYED. PLEASE SAVE IT. I'VE MAILED THOUSANDS OF LETTERS IN MY LIFETIME. THANK YOU).

NOTE THE YELLOW BOX TEXT, CONTACT NAME SHOWS 'GARY SCHARF', THE 'STAGE NAME' COURTNEY PROVIDED ME TO CONCEALED HIS TRUE IDENTITY.
DO I SEE THE HEGLER FANS NOW RUNNING FOR THE HILLS?

Attached Image

(05/26/2017) The last text from Courtney Kran Hegler, so the Scammer is now providing me specific terms and instructions
to be explained to me via a 'certified letter' on how I am to contact him. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!!!

Attached Image

COURTNEY KARN HEGLER IS A SOCIOPATH AND A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR.
YOU CANNOT BELIEVE ANYTHING HE SAYS, ONLY SAYS WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR,
DELIVERS EMPTY PROMISES AND USES DELAY TACTICS ADDING INSULT TO INJURY!

THE ONLY THING COURTNEY KARN HEGLER DID NOT LIED ABOUT WAS HIS MOBILE NUMBER; (240) 672-7983 IT WORKS AS I HAVE SPOKEN WITH HIM OVER THE PHONE NOW SEVERAL TIMES. BTW, HE ALSO USES A 'LLC" UNDER THE NAME "APEX ENT." IN AN EFFORT TO DEFLECT AND MINIMIZE FURTHER PERSONAL LIABILITY. SEARCH HIS COURT RECORDS, HE'S ALWAYS THE DEFENDENT, NOT THE PLAINTIFF, BUT IN HIS TWISTED MIND IS NEVER HIS FAULT, IS ALWAYS THE OTHER PARTY!!!

LOST $1,900 to THE SCAMMER by purchasing his 100% Totally Purposely Misrepresented as a 'Rebuilt Genuine 914-6 ZF LSD Gearbox' he advertised at www.TheSamba.com

+ another $160 paid to European Autowerke to fetch the oil leaking gearbox at the FedEx Redmond Distribution Facility, a 2.5 hours drive while responding to the "HazMat" situation
+ another $361 paid to European Autowerke for the so-called 914-6 Gearbox Inspection
+ another $123 paid to FedEx for Shipping Fees (from Maryland to Seattle, WA)
+ another $500+ in air-fair, rental car, etc. (round-trip LAX to Seattle, WA)

My total lost thus far, $3,044 and unfortunately I'm not just quite done with this guy yet...

After being lied to by Courtney Kran Hegler from the very beginning (said name was Gary Scharf), I decided enough was enough and I'm now going after this bastard!

You can see all the court cases filed against this guy, he's no stranger to the Maryland civil and traffic courts, he knows his way around the system and does not give a s..t.
But don't take my word for it, go here. I'm pissed!!!

The gear ratios as advertised? Not present, and ALL "VW" gears, nothing "PORSCHE" here.

Attached Image

A 'dime-a-dozen' 914-4 worthless differential, no 901 ZF LSD here!

Attached Image

Nothing rebuilt here, all worn out parts...

Attached Image

There are also concerns with what appears to be numbers tampering with the gearbox serial number...

Attached Image

Courtney Kran Hegler has been scamming people for years at several other forums and continues to get away with it. Unreal!!!!

As everyone knows, Courtney K. Hegler uses many, many aka's to conceal his real identity. If anyone here has had a run-in with Courtney Kran Hegler in the past, we sure would like to know about it.

Please email me at AJSERRANO@MSN.COM to share your story. We're currently building a case against Courtney to submit to the Maryland Attorney General, the Postal Inspector and several other agencies. I'm not saying anymore.

Thank you.

PS: Got him banned from The Samba forum

PSS: And for the "Courtney Karn Hegler" Fans...

Attached Image

Attached Image

I know, hard to read, but you get the jest of it. Go check for yourself at the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Portal
+Quote Post
SixerJ
post May 29 2017, 05:56 AM
Post #104

Member No.: 16,042
Region Association: England

WTF how do you scam that many people without getting jail time, or in the words of Marcellus Wallace - having someone get medieval on your ass with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch ?

As for scamming Armando, well, we all know your totally obsessive (in a good way) and I suspect that personality trait is bad news for Mr Hegler

The only problem with criminal prosecution / civil is that he probably has little assets to pay your costs when you and others eventually win, and it will cost $$$$.

Guess that's why he's got away with it for so long. No one is prepared to take it to the logical conclusion to shell out the coin to nail him

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 29 2017, 06:40 AM
Post #105

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Someone will catch up to this thief and fraud and beat him to a pulp hopefully and walk away and leave him. We can all hope at least.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post May 29 2017, 06:49 AM
Post #106

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Just the price for that trans is suspicious. 914-6 core trans sell for $1,200-1,500. Rebuilt with lsd would be triple.

Guys, please stop sending large amounts of money to people you dont know. An Internet picture and a phone call doesnt cut it. At least get a local guy to put eyes on the part or car and send funds through a means that will protect you in case of a problem. It pains me to read these stories.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post May 29 2017, 07:46 AM
Post #107

Member No.: 18,123
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(scotty b @ May 4 2014, 05:40 PM) *

I've seen several of these threads on different forums, and have kept quiet as I have no dog in this hunt BUT what I have seen is this.

Courtney has a great rep with the local guys that can drive to his house and pick up the parts. He seems to be a nice honest guy with a lot of parts, BUT he has a horrible rep from the people out of the area that depend on him to ship the product. Take this as you will, but it seems to me he may be a good guy, that doesn't have the time, organizational skills etc. he needs to deal with the shipping of items. This doesn't excuse the fact he fails at that end of it, but I just can't sit here and see someone called a scumbag and dirtball by those who only see one side of his selling practices, when there are others that have zero problems with him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Good scammers always have some good business dealings, it provides em cover when it starts to go bad .

Making excuses for a proven serial scammer? seriously? If he really "doesn't have the time, organizational skills etc" to deal with shipping = then an honest individual would simply state "I will not ship".

Besides that, if it were shipping issues, then a standup guy would send back the money, instead of hiding behind his wifes skirt, stop communicating and run away.

You may have had a good experiences with him - from guys who could show up and confront him face to face, but there are lots here and in other sites who have been scammed by this loser!

You defending him may allow him to scam someone else who sees your glowing report - of course, that maty be the whole purpose of your post, to sallow him to continue with his shady dealings, hoping to find new uninformed people to rip off!
+Quote Post
Calwaterbear
post May 29 2017, 07:58 AM
Post #108

Member No.: 18,123
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(914_teener @ May 8 2014, 01:01 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ May 8 2014, 08:34 AM) *

For me, based on comments here. I know who accepts this type of behavior and who doesn't. ...thus if I need a part, I know who to stay away from.

Disclaimer:

Please don't take this personally, as the intent is to point out some irony in your statement. It is not intended to minimize the possibility that you got scammed.

Summation and Just Social Judgement:

Because of your use of "who" instead of "whom", I should believe that you are not educated in use of the English language in it's written form. It adds weight to this belief because I have read it here.

This type of thinking of what is posted here can become problematic socially.

That last statement is my....and only my opinion.

When ever someone says "please don't take this personally" that is the exact intent, you are personally attacking someone because you don't like the way they write or communicate.

You, I and everyone else knows exactly what he meant. It seems to me the purpose of language is clear communication. Not sure when or why grammar policing became an acceptable internet dissing of someone with different views than your own. But so be it, Get out your red pen, I'm sure you will have a blast marking me down for my poor grammar!
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post May 29 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #109

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(mepstein @ May 29 2017, 08:49 AM) *

Just the price for that trans is suspicious. 914-6 core trans sell for $1,200-1,500. Rebuilt with lsd would be triple.

Guys, please stop sending large amounts of money to people you dont know. An Internet picture and a phone call doesnt cut it. At least get a local guy to put eyes on the part or car and send funds through a means that will protect you in case of a problem. It pains me to read these stories.

I agree, the price alone would have been the first red flag.
Sucks, but just be thankful you didn't buy a 996 without a PPI. Sorting one of those deals out right now...Bendover...Ka-Ching. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
ajserrano
post May 29 2017, 11:53 AM
Post #110

914-6 GT

Courtney Kran Hegler, over many scam attempts has hone in his approach, his dialogue, nothing scripted and all I'm saying to warn others is that this guy is good at what he does.

As I mentioned earlier, Courtney Karn Hegler is a pathological liar and a sociopath. I included links, follow and read about those personality trades. I can see right through him.

Since I created the "Courtney Kran Hegler Wall of Shame" in my website only a couple of days ago, those pages are already ranked by Google on their first page results towards the top. As I continue to add ALL THE CONTENT I can find on the various portals, those will be under one-roof.

Also included as 'keywords' will be ALL the AKA's I can find that Courtney K. Hegler has used in the past (obviously not new ones which I suspect he will continue to create to scam others), ALL the email accounts past and present, previous address and none-working and working telephone numbers.

Further, I will find every single public forum Courtney K. Hegler has signed up with becoming a member and post my scam warnings, photos, details, etc. I will sign up with the "Crochet and Sewing Club of Greater North Dakota" if I have to post there also.

AT THE EARLY911SREGISTRY.ORG

AT THE 914-6 GT on PBASE

If I don't see my money soon, his landlord is going to learn more about Courtney Kran Hegler, I can almost say with certainty he has been late with his rent payments. As a landlord, if there is going to be an investigation by the City Attorney, the USPS Postal Inspector, etc., for internet fraud (crossing state lines), wire-fraud, and whatever else, I sure would want to know about the shenanigans being conducted by my tenants from any of my properties. Enough said...

Landlord... She's not too far away from the rental at 21110 Georgia Avenue.

Attached Image

Attached Image

The 'Compound' at 21110...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post May 29 2017, 12:41 PM
Post #111

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121

Armando, I get that you're upset--and I would be too--but posting the addresses and a map to the guy's house and even his landlord's info is a super not-cool thing to do. Please edit your posts to remove that info. (Though if the address is what the ***hole is using as a mailing address, that is directly relevant.)

--DD
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post May 29 2017, 12:42 PM
Post #112

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
ajserrano
post May 29 2017, 01:08 PM
Post #113

914-6 GT

Forgot... Another "Buyer Beware" for a Courtney Kran Hegler For-Sale Ad under "PorschePoweredBaja"...

As soon as I discovered I was scammed by "Gary Scharf" (Courtney Kran Hegler) with his "rebuilt 914-6 ZF LSD gearbox" at The Samba forum, I immediately searched the site for additional For-Sale ads by this scammer.
Because Courtney was not replying to any of my many telephone calls and texts, I decided to also send Courtney a link to the Porsche Carrera 3.2 Crankshaft + Rods Courtney was trying to sell.

It think it was maybe 2 minutes, at best, before Courtney canceled the ad. See below, email included...

Attached Image

Attached Image

I still did not hear from Courtney for nearly 2.5 weeks, only after texting him the landlord information that he felt I deserved a call back. But you guys already read that story...

Here is an email from "Gary Scharf" (real name Courtney Kran Hegler). Big talker, said to me on the phone he drives a Ferrari and travels to "La Jolla, CA" often, will look me up. Yah, please do Courtney!

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:09 PM
To: ajserrano@msn.com
Subject: 914-6 trans

Hey Armando,

Make check payable to Apex Ent.

Send check to:
Apex Ent.
Attn. Gary Scharf
21110 Georgia Ave.
Olney, Md 20833

It was nice speaking with you today about Porsches. Next time I'm in La Jolla I'll look you up.

Regards, Gary

Sent from my iPad

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:53 AM
To: 'Apex Ent' <Apexent@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: 914-6 transmission Shipping Etc.

I see you deleted your 3.2 Crank/Rod ad at The Samba. I captured that too. No worries, I’m on it, this is only a start…

Email sent earlier to The Samba Administrator. You’re a scum bag Gary.
Thank you.
Armando

“I WAS SCAMMED BY SELLER! $1,900+

Hello, just a quick note to share my recent purchase which turned out to be a scam by a Samba Seller. You have to ban this predator from your forum. He's very good and convincing. Please see contact information below.

Apex Ent.
Attn. Gary Scharf
21110 Georgia Avenue
BROOKEVILLE, MD 20833
US

Mobile: (240) 672-7983
eMail: apexent@comcast.net

Link to a Porsche '914-6' gearbox he sold me http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2036923

Upon delivery to my mechanic in Washington, shipped from Maryland at great expense to me, the gearbox turned out NOT to have a ZF Limited Slip Differential as advertised and later confirmed to me by the Seller over the phone during the purchase. None of the gear ratios he advertised were Porsche, all gear sets were VW including the ring/pinion, also a VW part clearly stamped as such. The 914 gearbox was never rebuilt as advertised and actually has all worn out bearings, dog-bones, synchro’s, etc., etc. As soon as FedEx picked up the gearbox from the Seller in Maryland to deliver to the shop in the state Washington, the Samba Seller (Gary) disappeared, he’s not replying to any of my texts or emails.

I'm going after this scammer, took me for $1,900 sending me a ‘camouflaged and totally misrepresented’ crappy, useless, worn-out, corroded 914 gearbox. The gearbox is maybe worth $300 at best.

BTW, as of yesterday he had one other for-sale ad in your forum, but he has since delete it, shortly after I originated another email from this 2nd ad in an effort to reach him. See here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2036924

Below is a copy of an email he sent me on March 29th.

Thank you,

Armando Serrano
+Quote Post
ajserrano
post May 29 2017, 01:28 PM
Post #114

914-6 GT

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 29 2017, 11:41 AM) *

Armando, I get that you're upset--and I would be too--but posting the addresses and a map to the guy's house and even his landlord's info is a super not-cool thing to do. Please edit your posts to remove that info. (Though if the address is what the ***hole is using as a mailing address, that is directly relevant.)

--DD

Hi Dave, I understand, but if you do the research I have done in the last several weeks about Courtney Kran Hegler, the TWO 'common threads' between most scam complaint victims are; #1) the address at 21110 Georgia Avenue and #2) Courtney Karn Hegler as the real perpetrator behind the scams, of course always disguised by the many different 'fake names' and numerous 'email addresses' provided to his victims.

If we we were to take down that address, you will essentially disconnect an important common-link between all the scam victims that could be a key in alerting yet another potential victim about to mail a check or payment to this perpetrator.

As soon as Courtney thinks about it a bit more, he will try and start using a 'P.O.Box'. Mark my words.

If found to be true, it is alleged that Courtney has in the past instructed other scammed victims to mail payments to his wife Katherine Hegler's place of business involving her in the process. An accessory? Maybe not, but do you think a City Attorney and or any investigator, detective assigned to the case is going to want to explore that lead also? I would think so, but I'm not going to speculate about that.

Dave, what would you like me to do? Please let me know. Thanks for the post.

Armando
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post May 29 2017, 01:52 PM
Post #115

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
914_teener
post May 29 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #116

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(Calwaterbear @ May 29 2017, 06:58 AM) *

QUOTE(914_teener @ May 8 2014, 01:01 PM) *

QUOTE(396 @ May 8 2014, 08:34 AM) *

For me, based on comments here. I know who accepts this type of behavior and who doesn't. ...thus if I need a part, I know who to stay away from.

Disclaimer:

Please don't take this personally, as the intent is to point out some irony in your statement. It is not intended to minimize the possibility that you got scammed.

Summation and Just Social Judgement:

Because of your use of "who" instead of "whom", I should believe that you are not educated in use of the English language in it's written form. It adds weight to this belief because I have read it here.

This type of thinking of what is posted here can become problematic socially.

That last statement is my....and only my opinion.

When ever someone says "please don't take this personally" that is the exact intent, you are personally attacking someone because you don't like the way they write or communicate.

You, I and everyone else knows exactly what he meant. It seems to me the purpose of language is clear communication. Not sure when or why grammar policing became an acceptable internet dissing of someone with different views than your own. But so be it, Get out your red pen, I'm sure you will have a blast marking me down for my poor grammar!

The comment, in my opinion, was to point out the irony of making judgement on someone you have never met or may never meet. They may be about facts that in fact, are not true. Language is never "always" clear for its purpose. It is full of nuance. Spoken English and written English are two different things.

In my opinion, and from the posts on the original thread, it is difficult to gauge the intent of someone's actions by just they way they write or what they say, or even how they write it. Their intent and character is better gauged by what one does. Actions. The guy sounded more like a flake. That can be interpreted as a thief. There is a degree of difference. Sounds like he has made the quantum leap, from flake to thief. I wrote, sounds like. Don't know for sure if it really the same person, cause this is the internet.

I see that disclaimer all the time on the internet, "don't take it personally"...I think because it is really hard to gauge character and truth through a few statements and blurbs here or any other place in the Ether.

But I'm not speaking here, I'm writing, and I won't claim to know what everyone else knows, because I don't.

Red pen in hand. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

+Quote Post
Olympic 914
post May 29 2017, 05:32 PM
Post #117

Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

WOW... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post May 29 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #118

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

As I live and breathe, I stand corrected. I thought taking a check and letting it clear was some assurance that one had his money in the bank before releasing the product. That situation is different that this thread describes This scam throws a wrench in the assumption that most people are honest and the ones that aren't, don't last long. / And M Ep. is correct / let someone do an inspection prior to monetary exchange when ever possible. Not always possible.

Some bag on Paypal but when I bought a set of bogus "Weber's" recently, I got my money back in two weeks w/o question. Done.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) FYI another scam via the use of paypal is to sell something (on ebay or others), receive notice that the payment has been made (by the buyer in a PM or eBay message, etc.) and then not see the deposit in your account as an actual deposit. The buyer says he sent it and can you send out the product while his payment "posts" and by using a slightly off email address ( like two dot-coms behind the correct email address) the seller's money is in Paypal limbo (earning interest for paypal daily by the way...) and if the seller is an idiot and sends out the product, the buyer can get an immediate refund while your inflatable 914 replica is in route to the scammer. FYI
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:22 PM