Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Transmission and Now No $$$, Problem with seller on this site
rhodyguy
post May 4 2014, 01:54 PM
Post #21

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

the assertion that a seller asking for a postal money order is "the first sign you will get screwed and have no course of action" is absurd.

a 'top tip'…postal money orders come with a detachable portion THAT THE PURCHASER IS SUPPOSED TO FILL OUT AND THAT PORTION IS TO BE KEPT FOR THEIR RECORDS. i would presume that the beef could be made against the mo recipient. possible interstate mail fraud? conspiracy to commit i.m.f? contact your local postmaster. the USPS employs people that do investigations. track down the person the the check was made out to. let them know you're about to unleash a shit storm on them and to expect a knock on the door.

that the part seller asked that the mo to be made out to a 3rd party is a definite walk away.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
messix
post May 4 2014, 02:06 PM
Post #22

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

just a thought....

would it be possible to do a "bucket brigade" to get the "good" tranny from Md to Texas?

do we have enough guys that it would be something like a 100 mile run for each leg?

and by the way a 901 fits in the front trunk just fine so it could be a fun teener run!
+Quote Post
mepstein
post May 4 2014, 02:10 PM
Post #23

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(messix @ May 4 2014, 04:06 PM) *

just a thought....

would it be possible to do a "bucket brigade" to get the "good" tranny from Md to Texas?

do we have enough guys that it would be something like a 100 mile run for each leg?

and by the way a 901 fits in the front trunk just fine so it could be a fun teener run!

That would be assuming there really is a tranny and the "seller" is willing to give it up. But I'm in if I can help. I will be heading down to NC later in the summer. I could pick up the trans before then if it is truly available.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Qarl
post May 4 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #24

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271
Region Association: None

We dont know if it still is in Maryland. Poster said seller claims to have shipped it to his brother.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post May 4 2014, 03:26 PM
Post #25

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 4 2014, 03:54 PM) *

the assertion that a seller asking for a postal money order is "the first sign you will get screwed and have no course of action" is absurd.

Dont spread this false information.
For anything small, like $650 dollars, there is no chance that any investigation will happen.

It is a very risk way to pass money, just as risky as mailing cash, or western union.
There is no audit trail...

If you have personal experience using this supposed system, please share the details.

Until I hear anything new, a postal money order is just like cash, with no chance to chase anyone down, and no investigation will happen.

Its just about as useful as the postal service tracking system....which is useless.

rich
+Quote Post
Krieger
post May 4 2014, 05:12 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104

QUOTE(puffinator @ May 4 2014, 06:39 AM) *

I went to his house in MD and cut off a few body pieces off a 914 he had. He has quite a stash of 914 parts at his house and I believe he was at Hershey selling stuff. I bought a few things from him and he let me have the body parts for free. I thought he was a pretty stand up guy. He treated me fairly.

I am sorry others have not been so lucky (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I wonder if that was his car? Maybe his neighbors...scuzball
+Quote Post
scotty b
post May 4 2014, 06:40 PM
Post #27

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

I've seen several of these threads on different forums, and have kept quiet as I have no dog in this hunt BUT what I have seen is this.

Courtney has a great rep with the local guys that can drive to his house and pick up the parts. He seems to be a nice honest guy with a lot of parts, BUT he has a horrible rep from the people out of the area that depend on him to ship the product. Take this as you will, but it seems to me he may be a good guy, that doesn't have the time, organizational skills etc. he needs to deal with the shipping of items. This doesn't excuse the fact he fails at that end of it, but I just can't sit here and see someone called a scumbag and dirtball by those who only see one side of his selling practices, when there are others that have zero problems with him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post May 4 2014, 06:56 PM
Post #28

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

I tend to agree with Scotty. My only contact with him was that I got some free 911 eccentric bolts for free if I paid $5 shipping by check. I got them and asked for his address which I never got a reply. Looks like he does does not have his act together to sell parts.
No need for name calling or labeling. Just state the facts.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post May 4 2014, 06:57 PM
Post #29

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825

QUOTE(scotty b @ May 4 2014, 08:40 PM) *

I've seen several of these threads on different forums, and have kept quiet as I have no dog in this hunt BUT what I have seen is this.

Courtney has a great rep with the local guys that can drive to his house and pick up the parts. He seems to be a nice honest guy with a lot of parts, BUT he has a horrible rep from the people out of the area that depend on him to ship the product. Take this as you will, but it seems to me he may be a good guy, that doesn't have the time, organizational skills etc. he needs to deal with the shipping of items. This doesn't excuse the fact he fails at that end of it, but I just can't sit here and see someone called a scumbag and dirtball by those who only see one side of his selling practices, when there are others that have zero problems with him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Then he needs to man up and refund the money to people he promised to ship parts to. It doesn't sound like the people who are getting scammed have given up trying to get their parts or their money. Look at the posts from other car and rc sites. He's a serial scammer. It's all on Courtney and so far he's failed.
+Quote Post
Qarl
post May 4 2014, 06:59 PM
Post #30

Shriveled member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 271

I disagree. He is a dishonest person, as shown here, on Pelican, and several other non-car forums.

He has sold items to people (non-local) multiple times to the tune of several thousands of dollars. With no follow-thru and refunds.

That is the definition of a scumbag and dickwad, IMHO. Ask the people he has scammed out of hundreds of dollars (multiple times), if they think he's probably a nice guy.

If you can't execute a sale on a item that requires shipping, then don't offer it for sale, period.

Or the words, "Local Pickup Only" are VERY easy to type in an for sale ad.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post May 4 2014, 08:12 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 4 2014, 08:56 PM) *

I tend to agree with Scotty. My only contact with him was that I got some free 911 eccentric bolts for free if I paid $5 shipping by check. I got them and asked for his address which I never got a reply. Looks like he does does not have his act together to sell parts.
No need for name calling or labeling. Just state the facts.

And also to Scotty - You don't have a dog in the race?....So honesty isn't something you care about? If he's a part time scumbag, that's ok?

He has ripped off people a number of times across a multitude of forums. To say that he is an honest guy who is "disorganized" or "does not have his act together" is patently absurd.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post May 4 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #32

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Where there is smoke there is usually fire. Here we have a dickwad who has apparently fraudulently duped many of our people. For me the verdict is in - guilty as charged. Sentence? Run out of town for good on a rail after a serious ass beating.
+Quote Post
puffinator
post May 5 2014, 06:32 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 16,218

In my opinion,this guy, Courtney, is not the names being thrown around on this site. He has a pretty good reputation in the DC/MD/VA area and recently organized a joint Hershey Swap Meet group of spaces for DC/MD/VA Porsche folks. Check out the Dorkiphus.net website and his name is “slowisfast” and look at the kudos he received for setting up the Hershey activity.

As I and others have said, he has treated us locals fairly. I picked up a transmission at Courtney’s place for Mike (DrEvil) and hauled it down to DrEvil’s clinic at Scott’s place in Feb although I don’t know who that one was for. I have a feeling Courtney will make good on any deal he has made and think he may be just a bit overwhelmed. Give him a bit more time. He has a bunch of stuff and a bunch of cars at his place – kind of an eclectic mix.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post May 5 2014, 07:24 AM
Post #34

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE(puffinator @ May 5 2014, 04:32 AM) *

In my opinion,this guy, Courtney, is not the names being thrown around on this site. He has a pretty good reputation in the DC/MD/VA area and recently organized a joint Hershey Swap Meet group of spaces for DC/MD/VA Porsche folks. Check out the Dorkiphus.net website and his name is “slowisfast” and look at the kudos he received for setting up the Hershey activity.

As I and others have said, he has treated us locals fairly. I picked up a transmission at Courtney’s place for Mike (DrEvil) and hauled it down to DrEvil’s clinic at Scott’s place in Feb although I don’t know who that one was for. I have a feeling Courtney will make good on any deal he has made and think he may be just a bit overwhelmed. Give him a bit more time. He has a bunch of stuff and a bunch of cars at his place – kind of an eclectic mix.

Prepare to be called names now Rob (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
post May 5 2014, 07:25 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,245
Region Association: Southern California

Again, I have no skin in this, but based on some of the comments, it's ok to receive payment and string the purchaser along and it's ok... Please remind me never to buy anything from you. "Social Responsibility " just went out the door!
+Quote Post
puffinator
post May 5 2014, 07:53 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 16,218

Scott is right, I should stay out of these pissing contests. But I’ll see if I can’t contact Courtney and assist in straightening this mess out.
+Quote Post
Moneypit
post May 5 2014, 08:08 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 5,360
Region Association: Southwest Region

Are you guys 100% certain the identified dude above is really the one you're after? You guys realize identity theft is pretty easy, it wouldn't take much for someone with basic skills to get your email login, search through and find those passwords you stupidly saved in a .doc, and have access to all your personal info. Then they can just create email and forum accounts with your info, register P.O. boxes or whatever and have you mail stuff to bum addresses, and steal your $$$ or parts. I'm just saying before you go to a guy's house with torches and pitchforks, or better yet lawyers, be certain you have the right target.

Or the guy could legitimately be a dirtbag who uses his own names and addresses to scam people.

*** I've seen the kinds of stupid things people save in their Yahoo mail while I was investigating security incidents. For the love of Mike, don't save passwords and personal info in your damn webmail!!!!! ***
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 5 2014, 08:29 AM
Post #38

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

I am at work so have not had time to read through all the posts yet, but to the OP: Contact me. I would be glad to help you be whole for little or no money. The main thing I am interested in is your car on the road with a good transmission that I built. That was what you were expecting, lets make it happen.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 5 2014, 09:29 AM
Post #39

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

Hey Mustache, for $650 it is absolutely possible to have your box more than looked at. My clinic is $300 and parts often land you around this price depending on what needs to be replaced.

As for my limited experience with this seller (just facts), he contacted me about Welby's transmission to verify that it was infect rebuilt at one of my clinics and so he could verify it and sell it correctly. I had him check a few things and verified it was what he was told it was. Then I asked if he had any cores and he offered me one for $75 for my time in helping with Welby's transmission ID. After he heard that Teener Tim had his stash or parts stolen including the transmission that was due to be done at my last VA clinic, he gave me the transmission so that I may give it to Tim, which I did. Puffinator was kind enough to pick it up while he was there getting other stuff.

Draw what you will from the above. It is what it is. I am will be trying to contact him in the near future when I have a day to drive there and get some cores from him if I can scoop up his stash for a good price as I am in dire need of cores. I would shy away from deals that require shipping given the history posted above, but I also will not call names based on the same.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post May 5 2014, 09:49 AM
Post #40

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 5 2014, 11:29 AM) *

Hey Mustache, for $650 it is absolutely possible to have your box more than looked at. My clinic is $300 and parts often land you around this price depending on what needs to be replaced.

Mike,

I know you are using the name Mustache with all the love you can.

I am just stating that with one bearing front or rear costing $240 or more...
A first gear sleeve alone costing $450 bucks....

A $650 transmission is not rebuilt.
It may have been checked, but the parts alone to rebuild a transmission, with new bearings and gaskets would far exceed the $650 dollar amount he is selling it for.

Let alone $300 bucks for the clinic.
So he had at best $350 bucks in new parts.
Then the core is free and he makes no money on the part at all.

So, the seller was not selling a rebuilt transmission.

The math just does not add up to me...

And the point was not to point at you, it was to point out that this is a classic example of getting something for such a GREAT price, he may have wanted to look a bit deeper...

Don,t take it personal or get defensive...its just the math that should make anyone question a deal like that....that was the point, dont twist it into something its not.

Its a shame these things happen and I hope people would look at super deals like a 650 dollar rebuilt transmission the same way they would look at a $1500 dollar rebuilt engine...it may be real...but its probably not.

Not sure how it was represented, and maybe it was represented as being inspected, verified by you (as an expert) that the parts are all in working order.

For me, the term rebuilt means rebuilt.

Rich
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:22 PM