Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Very nice original Saratoga top, Also FS: Custom wood storage box
horizontally-opposed
post May 5 2014, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

Much nicer than the Saratoga I sold a few years ago for $1000-1200 (which is why I sold that one), and offered alongside a wood box for garage storage or shipping. Selling to help fund my six conversion.

I'm told the WAS top is better, but the Saratoga is the original period accessory, and the last one I saw for sale here @ $500 was gone in a matter of hours with what looked like strong interest. I believe that was the Saratoga top I sold years ago—and I would have asked $1800-2000 for this one back then. Photos below were taken to be very honest. All mounting hardware in good shape, and the seals are as nice as I've ever seen them on a Saratoga top. The Plexi is in great shape, with only normal patina. Original rear trim strip could be reglued (I was thinking of deleting it (and storing it) for a cleaner look, using something glued into the inside of the Plexi to protect my new roll bar trim. Can be used as is, and I suspect can be brought to as-new or near-new with some careful polishing and TLC.

$700 for the top
$50 for the wood storage box

Box is free to anyone who wants the top. FOB.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Harpo
post May 5 2014, 05:53 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 13,469

Any idea what it would cost to ship this to Michigan 48067?

Thanks

David
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post May 5 2014, 07:05 PM
Post #3

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(Harpo @ May 5 2014, 04:53 PM) *

Thanks

David

Greyhound freight used to be the cheapest. Have to pick it up at the local bus terminal. Did a hood to Atlanto years ago for $75 from CA.
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post May 6 2014, 09:35 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Harpo @ May 5 2014, 04:53 PM) *

Thanks

David

Hello David,

Box is 10x40x53 inches, and I'll have to bring a scale in but I would guess it is 60-70 pounds with a top in it. Box was definitely over-built, but it got a NOS stock top to me from Chicago in perfect condition, so I appreciated over-built. I can prepare the box, but would prefer a call tag with UPS or the freight company of your choosing. Want to look into it further?

EDIT: Harpo pulled out.

Thanks!

pete
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post May 8 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Bump and price drop. If the top Wes sold for $500 in 2-3 hours is the top I sold him (and I am pretty sure it is...), this is definitely a nicer example. Would have looked for a $600-800 premium back in the day, now asking for a $200 premium.

Short of new old stock or one that was never used, I doubt you'll find one in nicer shape. This one was used sparingly on pleasure-use 914s only.

Thanks for looking...

pete
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 8 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #6

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 8 2014, 05:00 PM) *

Bump and price drop. If the top Wes sold for $500 in 2-3 hours is the top I sold him (and I am pretty sure it is...), this is definitely a nicer example. Would have looked for a $600-800 premium back in the day, now asking for a $200 premium.

Short of new old stock or one that was never used, I doubt you'll find one in nicer shape. This one was used sparingly on pleasure-use 914s only.

Thanks for looking...

pete

So how much is it? That would look dead sexy on a Raspberry truck if I had the spare scratch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post May 9 2014, 10:34 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 8 2014, 08:20 PM) *

So how much is it? That would look dead sexy on a Raspberry truck if I had the spare scratch. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

If I didn't need the money to pay for an unexpected bill arising from my six conversion, I think I'd send it to you gratis for that Raspberry truck...

pete
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 01:31 AM