Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Very nice original Saratoga top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
horizontally-opposed
Much nicer than the Saratoga I sold a few years ago for $1000-1200 (which is why I sold that one), and offered alongside a wood box for garage storage or shipping. Selling to help fund my six conversion.

I'm told the WAS top is better, but the Saratoga is the original period accessory, and the last one I saw for sale here @ $500 was gone in a matter of hours with what looked like strong interest. I believe that was the Saratoga top I sold years ago—and I would have asked $1800-2000 for this one back then. Photos below were taken to be very honest. All mounting hardware in good shape, and the seals are as nice as I've ever seen them on a Saratoga top. The Plexi is in great shape, with only normal patina. Original rear trim strip could be reglued (I was thinking of deleting it (and storing it) for a cleaner look, using something glued into the inside of the Plexi to protect my new roll bar trim. Can be used as is, and I suspect can be brought to as-new or near-new with some careful polishing and TLC.

$700 for the top
$50 for the wood storage box

Box is free to anyone who wants the top. FOB.
Harpo
Any idea what it would cost to ship this to Michigan 48067?

Thanks

David
bdstone914
QUOTE(Harpo @ May 5 2014, 04:53 PM) *

Thanks

David

Greyhound freight used to be the cheapest. Have to pick it up at the local bus terminal. Did a hood to Atlanto years ago for $75 from CA.
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Harpo @ May 5 2014, 04:53 PM) *

Thanks

David

Hello David,

Box is 10x40x53 inches, and I'll have to bring a scale in but I would guess it is 60-70 pounds with a top in it. Box was definitely over-built, but it got a NOS stock top to me from Chicago in perfect condition, so I appreciated over-built. I can prepare the box, but would prefer a call tag with UPS or the freight company of your choosing. Want to look into it further?

EDIT: Harpo pulled out.

Thanks!

pete
horizontally-opposed
Bump and price drop. If the top Wes sold for $500 in 2-3 hours is the top I sold him (and I am pretty sure it is...), this is definitely a nicer example. Would have looked for a $600-800 premium back in the day, now asking for a $200 premium.

Short of new old stock or one that was never used, I doubt you'll find one in nicer shape. This one was used sparingly on pleasure-use 914s only.

Thanks for looking...

pete
rick 918-S
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ May 8 2014, 05:00 PM) *

Bump and price drop. If the top Wes sold for $500 in 2-3 hours is the top I sold him (and I am pretty sure it is...), this is definitely a nicer example. Would have looked for a $600-800 premium back in the day, now asking for a $200 premium.

Short of new old stock or one that was never used, I doubt you'll find one in nicer shape. This one was used sparingly on pleasure-use 914s only.

Thanks for looking...

pete

So how much is it? That would look dead sexy on a Raspberry truck if I had the spare scratch. drooley.gif
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 8 2014, 08:20 PM) *

So how much is it? That would look dead sexy on a Raspberry truck if I had the spare scratch. drooley.gif

If I didn't need the money to pay for an unexpected bill arising from my six conversion, I think I'd send it to you gratis for that Raspberry truck...

pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.