Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Representing the 914 today in autocross
GaroldShaffer
post May 18 2014, 07:46 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

First time out auto crossing today (I missed our first event) We are a small SCCA region outside of Chicago, we had 65 drivers today. I was 21st in RAW time today and my co-driver came in 17th (gave him a tip on his last run of the day and he beat me by .032 secs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ) and we are running street tires.

The 914 ran great today and the course was a nice flowing high HP type course, I actually hit 3rd gear. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Man it felt great to be out on the course today. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Randal
post May 18 2014, 11:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 18 2014, 06:46 PM) *

First time out auto crossing today (I missed our first event) We are a small SCCA region outside of Chicago, we had 65 drivers today. I was 21st in RAW time today and my co-driver came in 17th (gave him a tip on his last run of the day and he beat me by .032 secs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ) and we are running street tires.

The 914 ran great today and the course was a nice flowing high HP type course, I actually hit 3rd gear. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Man it felt great to be out on the course today. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

It will only get better!!
+Quote Post
Woody
post May 19 2014, 07:23 AM
Post #3

Sandbox Rabblerouser and head toilet scrubber

Member No.: 12,530
Region Association: Southwest Region

WOOHOO!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
ww914
post May 19 2014, 07:31 AM
Post #4

914 Convert

Member No.: 13,621
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Welcome to the madness!
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post May 19 2014, 08:01 AM
Post #5

You bought another 914?

QUOTE(ww914 @ May 19 2014, 08:31 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Welcome to the madness!

I should have said first time out this season. I have been auto crossing for about 10yrs now. It always feels good to run the 914, but even better when these guys with highly modified cars or big HP cars can't figure out how my little 40yr old 95HP 914 can either beat them or be within a 1sec of them. Man I love this car!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
scott_in_nh
post May 19 2014, 09:43 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,471
Region Association: North East States

Looking good Garold!
What tires/springs/bars are you using?
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post May 19 2014, 12:56 PM
Post #7

You bought another 914?

QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ May 19 2014, 10:43 AM) *

Looking good Garold!
What tires/springs/bars are you using?

I am running BF Goodrich Rivals (205-50-15). A 22mm bar up front with 22mm torsion bars also (I need to put the stock T-bars ones back in). Adjustable Koni's with coil overs and 180lb springs.
+Quote Post
gms
post May 19 2014, 05:51 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,785
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Great to see you made it out!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 03:30 PM