Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Representing the 914 today in autocross
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
GaroldShaffer
First time out auto crossing today (I missed our first event) We are a small SCCA region outside of Chicago, we had 65 drivers today. I was 21st in RAW time today and my co-driver came in 17th (gave him a tip on his last run of the day and he beat me by .032 secs dry.gif ) and we are running street tires.

The 914 ran great today and the course was a nice flowing high HP type course, I actually hit 3rd gear. smilie_pokal.gif

Man it felt great to be out on the course today. driving.gif aktion035.gif
Randal
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 18 2014, 06:46 PM) *

First time out auto crossing today (I missed our first event) We are a small SCCA region outside of Chicago, we had 65 drivers today. I was 21st in RAW time today and my co-driver came in 17th (gave him a tip on his last run of the day and he beat me by .032 secs dry.gif ) and we are running street tires.

The 914 ran great today and the course was a nice flowing high HP type course, I actually hit 3rd gear. smilie_pokal.gif

It will only get better!!
Woody
WOOHOO!!!! beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
ww914

driving.gif Welcome to the madness!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(ww914 @ May 19 2014, 08:31 AM) *

driving.gif Welcome to the madness!

I should have said first time out this season. I have been auto crossing for about 10yrs now. It always feels good to run the 914, but even better when these guys with highly modified cars or big HP cars can't figure out how my little 40yr old 95HP 914 can either beat them or be within a 1sec of them. Man I love this car!

scott_in_nh
Looking good Garold!
What tires/springs/bars are you using?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ May 19 2014, 10:43 AM) *

Looking good Garold!
What tires/springs/bars are you using?

I am running BF Goodrich Rivals (205-50-15). A 22mm bar up front with 22mm torsion bars also (I need to put the stock T-bars ones back in). Adjustable Koni's with coil overs and 180lb springs.
gms
Great to see you made it out!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.