Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Going crazy... again!, now its the engine
MattR
post Jan 15 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,589
Region Association: Northern California

Alright, i had the 912 up on stands for about 2 weeks while i was at school waiting for caliper rebuild kits. I came back after the horrendous storm in so cal was over and got to work. I finished off the brakes today, but now I cant get it started. Here is whats going on:

I turn the key, it doesnt even want to start. No spark. I pull off coil wire and no spark when I test it against the engine block. I am getting voltage (12v) to the coil. I have 2 coils, a new one and the one on the car, both are 3 ohm bosch blue coils that test okay (3 ohms of resistance says the multimeter). I have two wires, one that was on the car and another new one. Ive tried all the combinations I can and still get no spark. But I get voltage to the coil! Whats going on?

The 912 has a rain tray so it didnt get flooded, btw.

And my method for testing spark: take a brand new plug, plug into one end of the wire with the other connected to the coil. Ground the plug on the block, turn the engine over, and wait for the spark to jump between the electrode.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
MattR   Going crazy... again!   Jan 15 2005, 09:36 PM
Aaron Cox   are your points opening? check to see if there is ...   Jan 15 2005, 09:45 PM
Carlitos Way   Wild guess but.. bad/unplugged/unusued grounding s...   Jan 15 2005, 09:48 PM
Aaron Cox   <...   Jan 15 2005, 09:51 PM
redshift   Have you tried bleeding it? ht...   Jan 15 2005, 09:54 PM
Aaron Cox   ...   Jan 15 2005, 09:55 PM
bondo   I suspect the points. Voltage to the coil will onl...   Jan 15 2005, 09:56 PM
redshift   I like how Matt implied in the first message that ...   Jan 15 2005, 09:57 PM
Aaron Cox  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 12:56 AM