Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Interesting P.O. Fix....., Longitudinal Fun!!
aveale
post Jan 20 2005, 02:34 PM
Post #21

Fun Times

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,563

sorry about the angle of the picture... I was crying while I took them!

I know I have some work ahead of me, but I am not afraid to take some time and some cash to do the job right.

The car is in great shape (truly) everyhere else, so my goal is to make this vehicle a family heir loom.

I have looked at some of the stiffening kits out there and appreciate your advice to date.

The pictures were taken perpendicular to the longitudinal looking upwards from under the passenger seat area!

Enjoy and I will keep you updated.

T
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
balthazar
post Jan 20 2005, 09:26 PM
Post #22

P-car junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 464

My first 914 was much worse and the PO did some nasty things to "fix" it. The RR suspension console was broken, so they welded 1/4" iron to reinforce the area. The longs had the same 1/4' iron welded down the entire length. All this was stick welded in with holes punched through and everything. The flex of the chasis was causing the much heavier iron to tear the lighter steel unibody to pieces. Very ugly once I got everything torn apart and realized what I had. Hang in there, anything is possible if you stand back and throw $20's at it.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

Special K--- Lets see some pix of those Brad Meyer longs installed!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:18 PM