Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Early style side stripe, Positive, block lettering.
'73-914kid
post May 31 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,714
Region Association: Southern California

Has anyone ever installed the really early side stripe vinyl on their 914. I know the early 911R's had a different kind of side stripe, with smaller font, and a much blockier font that I find really attractive, but I can't find anyone who sells them for the wheelbase and door length of a 914.

Anyone aware of a direction I should take? I've purchased two sets of positive side stripes thus far, and have been extremely disappointed in both sets, so a good contact would be nice as well.

The early stripes look like this:
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.bygonedecals.com-9714-1401580706.1.JPG)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 12)
rick 918-S
post May 31 2014, 06:41 PM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I took a tracing off the stripe on Sandy's car before I stripped it and brought it to a local vinyl sign guy. He cut it out for me without and breaks. If you have a local guy just bring him one of the stripes you have and explain the changes you want made. I'm sure you can get what you want.

Were you able to get to a shipper yet?
+Quote Post
barebrad
post May 31 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,382
Region Association: South East States

I bought a set from a member here (Van). He had 3 different options, positive, negative and this option. Easy to install and been holding up great.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Porschef
post May 31 2014, 07:32 PM
Post #4

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

That's beautiful. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) with myself.

+Quote Post
76-914
post May 31 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #5

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

If you find someone to make them, ask if they'll do one with a Rising Sun on the end or Rickshaw graphics for the lettering. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post May 31 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #6

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

I think Mike Z was selling them...Recently, I found Van to make custom stickers etc
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 31 2014, 08:23 PM
Post #7

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(76-914 @ May 31 2014, 08:54 PM) *

If you find someone to make them, ask if they'll do one with a Rising Sun on the end or Rickshaw graphics for the lettering. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

My guy can do what ever you want.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 31 2014, 08:34 PM
Post #8

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 31 2014, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ May 31 2014, 08:54 PM) *

My guy can do what ever you want.

Precisely Rick, just like that. I really like the way your car came out, too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 31 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #9

Cross Member

Member No.: 3,573
Region Association: None

I like Rick's example. But you have to be careful with this. Pasting a name on a narp just somehow seems sort of wrong to me. And while you're at it, put a banner across the top of your windshield and get a personalized license plate, and some stickers.

I get it, some of this can be period correct. That makes some sense. Just not for me and what NARP means to me. Definitely a personal taste choice with no right answer.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 31 2014, 09:22 PM
Post #10

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(Rand @ May 31 2014, 09:58 PM) *

I like Rick's example. But you have to be careful with this. Pasting a name on a narp just somehow seems sort of wrong to me. And while you're at it, put a banner across the top of your windshield and get a personalized license plate, and some stickers.

I get it, some of this can be period correct. That makes some sense. Just not for me and what NARP means to me. Definitely a personal taste choice with no right answer.

Ya, we know their Porsches but I was going for the period correct thing. I have the piece to replace the logo section stored in the event someone purchases the car some day and wants to eliminate the logo part of the graphic.
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 31 2014, 11:18 PM
Post #11

Cross Member

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 31 2014, 08:22 PM) *

Ya, we know their Porsches but I was going for the period correct thing. I have the piece to replace the logo section stored in the event someone purchases the car some day and wants to eliminate the logo part of the graphic.

Rick bro, my point was you are on point. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Rand
post May 31 2014, 11:24 PM
Post #12

Cross Member

QUOTE(Rand @ May 31 2014, 10:18 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 31 2014, 08:22 PM) *

Rick bro, my point was you are on point. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Jun 1 2014, 06:35 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 9,714

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 31 2014, 05:41 PM) *

I took a tracing off the stripe on Sandy's car before I stripped it and brought it to a local vinyl sign guy. He cut it out for me without and breaks. If you have a local guy just bring him one of the stripes you have and explain the changes you want made. I'm sure you can get what you want.

Were you able to get to a shipper yet?

Sholud be going out today via greyhound (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 09:49 PM