Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early style side stripe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
Has anyone ever installed the really early side stripe vinyl on their 914. I know the early 911R's had a different kind of side stripe, with smaller font, and a much blockier font that I find really attractive, but I can't find anyone who sells them for the wheelbase and door length of a 914.

Anyone aware of a direction I should take? I've purchased two sets of positive side stripes thus far, and have been extremely disappointed in both sets, so a good contact would be nice as well.

The early stripes look like this:
IPB Image
rick 918-S
I took a tracing off the stripe on Sandy's car before I stripped it and brought it to a local vinyl sign guy. He cut it out for me without and breaks. If you have a local guy just bring him one of the stripes you have and explain the changes you want made. I'm sure you can get what you want.

Were you able to get to a shipper yet?
barebrad
I bought a set from a member here (Van). He had 3 different options, positive, negative and this option. Easy to install and been holding up great.

Click to view attachment
Porschef
That's beautiful. beerchug.gif

agree.gif with myself.

76-914
If you find someone to make them, ask if they'll do one with a Rising Sun on the end or Rickshaw graphics for the lettering. biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
I think Mike Z was selling them...Recently, I found Van to make custom stickers etc
rick 918-S
QUOTE(76-914 @ May 31 2014, 08:54 PM) *

If you find someone to make them, ask if they'll do one with a Rising Sun on the end or Rickshaw graphics for the lettering. biggrin.gif

My guy can do what ever you want.
76-914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 31 2014, 07:23 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ May 31 2014, 08:54 PM) *

My guy can do what ever you want.

Precisely Rick, just like that. I really like the way your car came out, too! pray.gif
Rand
I like Rick's example. But you have to be careful with this. Pasting a name on a narp just somehow seems sort of wrong to me. And while you're at it, put a banner across the top of your windshield and get a personalized license plate, and some stickers.

I get it, some of this can be period correct. That makes some sense. Just not for me and what NARP means to me. Definitely a personal taste choice with no right answer.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Rand @ May 31 2014, 09:58 PM) *

I like Rick's example. But you have to be careful with this. Pasting a name on a narp just somehow seems sort of wrong to me. And while you're at it, put a banner across the top of your windshield and get a personalized license plate, and some stickers.

I get it, some of this can be period correct. That makes some sense. Just not for me and what NARP means to me. Definitely a personal taste choice with no right answer.

Ya, we know their Porsches but I was going for the period correct thing. I have the piece to replace the logo section stored in the event someone purchases the car some day and wants to eliminate the logo part of the graphic.
Rand
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 31 2014, 08:22 PM) *

Ya, we know their Porsches but I was going for the period correct thing. I have the piece to replace the logo section stored in the event someone purchases the car some day and wants to eliminate the logo part of the graphic.

Rick bro, my point was you are on point. smile.gif
Rand
QUOTE(Rand @ May 31 2014, 10:18 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 31 2014, 08:22 PM) *

Rick bro, my point was you are on point. smile.gif beerchug.gif

'73-914kid
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 31 2014, 05:41 PM) *

I took a tracing off the stripe on Sandy's car before I stripped it and brought it to a local vinyl sign guy. He cut it out for me without and breaks. If you have a local guy just bring him one of the stripes you have and explain the changes you want made. I'm sure you can get what you want.

Were you able to get to a shipper yet?

Sholud be going out today via greyhound beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.