Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> At the Dealership, Walter's this past Friday...
Brando
post Jan 16 2005, 10:02 PM
Post #1

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

So I'm at the dealership (Walter's) on Friday to pickup some parts for a 928. I park in the 'Customer Parking' area to be greeted with foul looks and rude smirks by all of the salespeople in the lot. While smiling and kindly saying hello, they turn away in disdain. What, so it's not a Boxster or 997? What should I care... the people behind the parts counter are awesome (always ask for Mike Butler), and Craig is a pretty awesome guy. I come out of the parts and service area to see a young guy talking to an elderly fellow near my car. Yes, the one with a HUGE dent in the door and rear panel. Behind my car is also a delivery truck blocking me in. The elderly person walks off and the young guy asks me if the rustoleum is mine. "Yeah it is!"

We chat for a bit. Turns out Dave (that's his name) is starting out as a driver for Walter's, aiming for a Tech position. He also owns a pearl white 914 (couldn't see it). Naturally I referred him to check out the board here and sign up, because our group here in the Riverside area is pretty active (funrun time methinks!). Dave was really cool. I don't know if he's signed up yet, but hey! Maybe we got another to add to our ranks?

PS: Screw the dealership Sales-people. They're assholes most of the time anyways. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ar15.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
xitspd
post Jan 16 2005, 10:45 PM
Post #2

Technology and Tradition 3.6 and 914-6

Member No.: 3,136

Brando,

I own a 1970 914-6, 1971 914-6 and a 1975 Carrera. I have never bought a part for any of them from a Porsche Dealership! Thank GOD for the internet and a great aftermarket Porsche parts distribution. I think the once proud heritage of Stutgard has been diluted by the Cayenne. Many of today's Porsche salesmen might as well be selling Explorers or Yukons!
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Jan 17 2005, 07:34 AM
Post #3

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Not all dealerships are this way. Go to Stoddard's in Ohio - they're as friendly as can be.

This was a few years ago... maybe things have changed with the PepperVagen.

-Lawrence
+Quote Post
jd74914
post Jan 17 2005, 08:52 AM
Post #4

Its alive

Member No.: 1,659
Region Association: North East States

The dealership around here (Hoffman) is very friendly and helpful, we went there a few months ago for a 911 part that was cheaper than in all the catalogs (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
skline
post Jan 17 2005, 09:48 AM
Post #5

Born to Drive

Member No.: 17

Something else you need to consider, Porsche Salesmen are all a bunch of snobs and jerks anyway. I would just as soon punch one in the face than talk to one. I cant stand them. Everyone I have met was a total jerk. The funny thing is, most of them cannot afford to own a Porsche. They only sell them and sometimes they get to drive a used one as a demo. Then they think they are top shit. I wont buy a car from a dealership if I ever go buy a new Porsche.

Sorry, have just had too many bad experiences with Porsche salesmen.
Rant off
+Quote Post
MarkG
post Jan 17 2005, 12:47 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,102

Brando: Took the 308 to Denver just before selling it - friend wanted to look at the Porsche SUV.

About 5 minutes after parking in the customer lot, every customer there was looking at my car, leaving the salesmen just standing there....
+Quote Post
Elliot_Cannon
post Jan 17 2005, 01:21 PM
Post #7

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 480
Region Association: None

I bought my 1979 911SC from Newport Auto Center Newport Beach and their salesmen couldn't have been nicer. Very curtious and helpful. Even though it was the oldest car on their lot, they treated me like I was buying something brand new. If you go into a place thinking they are all assholes, they probably will be.
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post
Allan
post Jan 17 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #8

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304

A good friend of mine was the Porsche leasing manager at our local dealership. He was a really great guy. He would show one of his salesman to the door if they acted at all like a jerk.
+Quote Post
Brando
post Jan 17 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #9

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Member No.: 2,648

Must be a riverside thing.

Next time i'm there picking up parts for a customer's car, I'll bug the hell out of them (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 02:07 PM