Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: At the Dealership
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
So I'm at the dealership (Walter's) on Friday to pickup some parts for a 928. I park in the 'Customer Parking' area to be greeted with foul looks and rude smirks by all of the salespeople in the lot. While smiling and kindly saying hello, they turn away in disdain. What, so it's not a Boxster or 997? What should I care... the people behind the parts counter are awesome (always ask for Mike Butler), and Craig is a pretty awesome guy. I come out of the parts and service area to see a young guy talking to an elderly fellow near my car. Yes, the one with a HUGE dent in the door and rear panel. Behind my car is also a delivery truck blocking me in. The elderly person walks off and the young guy asks me if the rustoleum is mine. "Yeah it is!"

We chat for a bit. Turns out Dave (that's his name) is starting out as a driver for Walter's, aiming for a Tech position. He also owns a pearl white 914 (couldn't see it). Naturally I referred him to check out the board here and sign up, because our group here in the Riverside area is pretty active (funrun time methinks!). Dave was really cool. I don't know if he's signed up yet, but hey! Maybe we got another to add to our ranks?

PS: Screw the dealership Sales-people. They're assholes most of the time anyways. IPB Image
xitspd
Brando,

I own a 1970 914-6, 1971 914-6 and a 1975 Carrera. I have never bought a part for any of them from a Porsche Dealership! Thank GOD for the internet and a great aftermarket Porsche parts distribution. I think the once proud heritage of Stutgard has been diluted by the Cayenne. Many of today's Porsche salesmen might as well be selling Explorers or Yukons!
Rusty
Not all dealerships are this way. Go to Stoddard's in Ohio - they're as friendly as can be.

This was a few years ago... maybe things have changed with the PepperVagen.

-Lawrence
jd74914
The dealership around here (Hoffman) is very friendly and helpful, we went there a few months ago for a 911 part that was cheaper than in all the catalogs IPB Image
skline
Something else you need to consider, Porsche Salesmen are all a bunch of snobs and jerks anyway. I would just as soon punch one in the face than talk to one. I cant stand them. Everyone I have met was a total jerk. The funny thing is, most of them cannot afford to own a Porsche. They only sell them and sometimes they get to drive a used one as a demo. Then they think they are top shit. I wont buy a car from a dealership if I ever go buy a new Porsche.

Sorry, have just had too many bad experiences with Porsche salesmen.
Rant off
MarkG
Brando: Took the 308 to Denver just before selling it - friend wanted to look at the Porsche SUV.

About 5 minutes after parking in the customer lot, every customer there was looking at my car, leaving the salesmen just standing there....
Elliot_Cannon
I bought my 1979 911SC from Newport Auto Center Newport Beach and their salesmen couldn't have been nicer. Very curtious and helpful. Even though it was the oldest car on their lot, they treated me like I was buying something brand new. If you go into a place thinking they are all assholes, they probably will be.
Cheers, Elliot
Allan
A good friend of mine was the Porsche leasing manager at our local dealership. He was a really great guy. He would show one of his salesman to the door if they acted at all like a jerk.
Brando
Must be a riverside thing.

Next time i'm there picking up parts for a customer's car, I'll bug the hell out of them IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.