Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Crazy idea for the trunks and interior..., ...or crazy like a fox!
CptTripps
post Jan 16 2005, 10:13 PM
Post #1

:: Punch and Pie ::

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Gang,

I yanked the entire interior out tonight and was planning on just sanding it down a little and then re-spraying it before I re-build the rest of the interior. (one of the winter projects.) I had an idea for the interior, and the front and rear trunks. (Or boots...whatever.) I had an assistant a while ago that had these guys spray a bedliner into his new truck. Took them about a day, and it was REAL solid. The nice part was that it was impervious to lots of chemicals, and completely waterproof.

http://216.28.21.48/cgi-bin/permatech.cgi/.../Tech_Info/A/55

That's the technical part, but I remember at the shop, they had a ton of stuff that they'd sprayed with the stuff. There is an off-road magazine that had them do the OUTSIDE of their truck because it was so great with chips and stuff.

I'm thinking that it may add 30-40lbs to the car, but it'll never rust through, and if I get it done in Yellow, might actually look real nice too. I'm also thinking it'll quiet the interior up a bit.

I think his truck bed cost like $250 (4yrs ago) and I can't imagine it'll take any more than that.

Think it's a good idea? Or am I REALLY crazy?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:04 PM