Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What would you do?, I think I have a choice, what do you think?
malcolm2
post Jun 12 2014, 12:00 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

Ok, I spent 2 years getting my 914 welded up and the engine is working great. I enjoy driving it, with one exception. The tranny grinds and even sometimes crunches down shifting to 2nd and a little to 3rd.

I have gone thru all the possible adjustments but nothing helps, so it is INTERNAL.

I bought a core tranny, watched Dr Evil's video several times and then took the core unit apart. I hoped to find a bunch of good parts or even a good tranny.... NOT.

So now I have a tranny in the car that I do drive and it grinds, and crunches on most shifts. And another tranny totally taken apart with only a few decent parts.

Should I rebuild the one that is in need of nearly all new parts, or pull the one out of the car and see what can be salvaged? and rebuild that one?

I figured I could keep driving the car if I rebuilt the core...... But if all goes well I could rebuild the one in the car in a few days or a week once I have all the parts.

What do you guys think?

Pix of some core parts:

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 07:41 AM