Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help with rewiring Leeloo
nine14cats
post Jun 17 2014, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Bill Pickering -- 914-6 GT aka....Leeloo

Group: Members
Member No.: 287
Region Association: None

Hey Guys,

I need some help in rewiring Leeloo. Instead of cutting down the factory harness, I'd rather just make another one as the wiring is vintage 1971 and pretty gross. Since I'm really cleaning the car up, it seems to make sense.

The scope of work is to wire the car as a race car. Ignition, brake lights, etc., but no other lighting. I plan on putting in a digital dash (AIM, Motec) and running a Traqmate for datalogging as all of my files from my previous cars are Traqmate. The car will have a toggle switch power on with push button starter circuit.

Questions:

1. What gauge wire and where can I purchase bulk with various colors for a good price?

2. What brand fuse panel? Do I need a fuse panel?

3. How many relay's needed? Where is a good source for that?

Leeloo has been undergoing a slow but substantial transformation. Mostly we have put her on a diet to make her lean. Roger Sheridan top and lids for the weight reduction and gutting the doors and dash. I also had her 901 refreshed with a new R&P, new syncros, new bearings and a Wavetrac TBD installed. Yesterday I picked her up from TCDesign with her new cage installed, including chassis re-enforcements and shock tower tie ins at all four corners.

I'm going to weigh her later today and take a few pics to share. I still need to decide (and save money for):

1. Shock choice
2. Tire and wheel combo's/sizes
3. Body work mods, including flare sizes and aero (wing)
4. WEVO 915 (I have the 915 box, I just need to start purchasing the WEVO bits)

I think due to my work schedule I will be primarily running the car in PCA Club Racing for the near future, so the car looks to be placed firmly in the GT3 class. Body work wise I really like the GT look, but it won't allow a very large tire on the car. I'm thinking either cave in and use Sheridan's FG and start hacking into her or using a body guy I know to widen the flares like my old 914, JLO.

Here is a pic of JLO with widened GT flares that accomodate 22x10x16 fronts and 23.5x11.5x16 rear Hoosier slicks on 16x10 rims:

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i126.photobucket.com-287-1403053668.1.jpg)

Any help on the wiring questions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bill P.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:58 PM