Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rebuilt 2 liter, where to buy?
Jake Raby
post Jul 14 2014, 06:43 AM
Post #21

Engine Surgeon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(72hardtop @ Jul 13 2014, 12:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 11 2014, 07:28 PM) *

No not looking for a stock plain vanilla solution but an engine from you that is mire than I paid for or could sell the car for doesn't make economic sense.

Thats fine. The only time my engine makes sense is if the car will be kept forever. When i schedule phone consultations with buyers this is the very first thing that I tell them. its the ice breaker that either makes for a short phone call, or a longer call and an engine transaction. Our engines have cost more than the vehicles they were fitted to for many years, as a general rule. The same goes with my modern Porsche engines, but that doesn't stop us from selling them and maintaining a 1 year backlog at all times. That goes for the aircooled and water-cooled sides of the house here.

The engine adds marketability to the vehicle, the last one of my own cars, with my engine that I posted here for sale lasted 13 minutes before I had a paypal deposit in hand.

Its not for everyone, and if it was I'd be so bored with it that I wouldn't even want to offer it.. Today the majority of what we build goes into 356 and 912 conversion applications.

I second FAT performance. They are great guys that run an honest business and build a solid engine. They've been friendly competitors for years and we both sell components back and forth to each other often. They are the only other shop I'll even speak to in this industry.

I can think of one better that you'd recommend...Adrian at Headflow Masters excellent T-4 engine/head builder.

No recommendation there. I have learned to recommend nothing, the last time I did that and someone had an issue with person who was recommended I ended up hearing about it.

So now, I only recommend myself.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Al Meredith
post Jul 14 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 3,061

Get Jake's video and do it yourself. Plan to spend about $5000 for parts alone on a 2056. That would include new heads. You will love the result. 120 HP and loads of torque. lasts for ever.
+Quote Post
Java2570
post Jul 14 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 13,035
Region Association: Upper MidWest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
In fact, the engine kits available now from Type 4 store for $6k for a basic 2056 is a pretty kickin' deal! Of course, you'd have to get a good engine case but they're not hard to find. These engines are pretty easy to build and I'd bet you could even get someone to lend a hand with the build if need be.
If you don't want to get greasy, plenty of builders have been mentioned.
+Quote Post
ottox914
post Jul 14 2014, 02:07 PM
Post #24

The glory that once was.

Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

If you are midwest, I'd 2nd Brad Mayeur. He'd been around these cars since day 1 and had probably knows as much or more about them than the factory ever did.
+Quote Post
914werke
post Jul 14 2014, 02:17 PM
Post #25

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

here you go
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 09:33 PM