Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> some people just don't get it.
partsman
post Jul 18 2014, 06:53 AM
Post #81

forever hooked

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,726
Region Association: North East States

I usualy start quizing the poser Porsche guys when they start on the whole "NARP" thing...

I'll ask "Do you know what the FIRST Porsche was? It was a two seater, mid engine VW based 4 cylinder...and it had two trunks..."

"how's that stack up against your REAL Porsche 911? Seems like an exact match to my 914 though..."

Then I walk awy... but I've been told I'm sometimes a bit over the top, so what do I know.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Jul 18 2014, 06:55 AM
Post #82

Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 16 2014, 09:00 PM) *

I tell 'em, It's a Volkswagen ... and they say, Really?

I show 'em the VW emblem engraved on the window glass......watch their jaw drop...
+Quote Post
Johns914
post Jul 18 2014, 07:04 AM
Post #83

Member No.: 5,135
Region Association: None

Would love to except the other space in the garage is taken up by a 1950 Studebaker truck. It has all Corvette suspesion and drive train. Guess time to build a bigger garage

QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Jul 17 2014, 12:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Johns914 @ Jul 17 2014, 10:57 AM) *

Still slightly OT. I was showing my wife a picture of some Pedrini wheels and she noticed the 914-6 GT wheels and wanter to put them on my 72. Explained would need to flare the wheels and she said so. Guse now I need to find a flared 914 with a sportmatic as she refuses to learn manual. Oh darn another 914 in the garage (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Thats too bad. I feel bad for you, you have to have ANOTHER PORSCHE in your garage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

+Quote Post
Mere's_72_914
post Jul 18 2014, 08:10 AM
Post #84

Member No.: 17,537
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 17 2014, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Mere's_72_914 @ Jul 17 2014, 07:01 AM) *

I'm a chick and I love my new-to-me 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (Thanks DAD!) Ya'll will probably get sick of me asking stupid questions but I am trying to fix my little gold 914 back to her "original" condition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

I was stopped at a stop sign in my friends neighborhood last weekend and an older gentleman walking asked if I was even alive when my car was built. Haha NOPE! Its 10 years older than I am.

That's a rare colour. Keep it. And FWIW, there are no stupid questions. Ask away. I'll bet 75% of us didn't know Jack about our 914's before logging onto 914World.

That's the plan. Repaint her the original color. The inside of both trunks look new (paintwise) and its a cool color!Attached Image
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Jul 18 2014, 08:32 AM
Post #85

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305
Region Association: None

I live in Japan as most of you know, 914's are pretty much non existence around here, probably less than 100 or so but most are not on the road like my car...been living here 15 years and have only seen 2 914's ever!! When I go out in my car I always get attention, sometime so much that I am almost embarrased and must hide my face..lots of thumbs ups from older people, small children and even young attractive women. Always get attention in the gas staion and also being non-Japanese makes others look at me more....a couple of times I have been asked by a Cayenne and Panamerica owner what a cute car I had and asked who made it and they were shocked when I said Porsche...I think they did not believe me at all...I have had some Japanese guys at lights ask me if its a 4 or a 6 cause I have the 911 front end and wheels all around...I tell them its a big 4 and they always say COOL !! I love driving my car in Japan when I have the time and money to afford the expensive fuel costs and seeing peoples reactions...lots of picture taking and smiling kids. Cheers!!
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Jul 18 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #86

Small Member

Member No.: 633

I kept my 914 down at a warehouse with a buch of other cars I own/other family members own - most of which are considered to be far more "glamorous" machines. When working down there with the bay doors open, it was not uncommon for random folks to poke thier head in and ask to look around. I cant tell you how many times they would bee-line straight to the 914. It always surprised me and made me smile.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
RoadGlue
post Jul 18 2014, 02:32 PM
Post #87

Sonoma County Gear Head

Group: Admin
Member No.: 108
Region Association: Northern California

I've had two people approach me in more recent history. One asked if it was road legal and if it could get up to freeway speeds. ??? The other asked how fast it went. When I said over 100, he pretty walked away and said he didn't buy it.

Another time I in a Starbucks drive through and a cute girl asked if I was driving a Ferrari. That was pretty cool!
+Quote Post
euro911
post Jul 18 2014, 03:21 PM
Post #88

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

To the last 3 posts -

QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Jul 18 2014, 07:32 AM) *
I live in Japan as most of you know, 914's are pretty much non existence around here, probably less than 100 or so but most are not on the road like my car...
100 of them over there, Jaime? ... never would have guessed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

QUOTE(Scott S @ Jul 18 2014, 12:33 PM) *
... I cant tell you how many times they would bee-line straight to the 914. It always surprised me and made me smile.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Kind of like when I roll out the Honda Mini Trails at Sturgis ... folks walk away from the $150k+ customs bikes to check the little minis (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jul 18 2014, 01:32 PM) *
I've had two people approach me in more recent history. One asked if it was road legal and if it could get up to freeway speeds. ??? The other asked how fast it went. When I said over 100, he pretty walked away and said he didn't buy it.

Another time I in a Starbucks drive through and a cute girl asked if I was driving a Ferrari. That was pretty cool!
GEORGE and I got my wife's bone stock 1.7L well over 100 several times on the 2008 RT-66 Run (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) ... I still laugh, remembering the trip - every now and then George would look at me and say, "this can't be a 1.7"
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 09:02 AM