Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> 914 Club AX competition, are we going to do it?
kermit
post Jan 21 2005, 04:02 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,049

What about regions that don't offer many ax events? They would be at a big disadvantage for points right?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jan 21 2005, 04:10 PM
Post #22

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Keep the points as integers and then if there's a tie at the end you can calculate the n-th decimal to decide the winner. Integers are much better to look at and mid "season" it's okay for people to look tied.

I'm willing to construct a PHP application to handle all of this once my two other PHP projects are done. That way people could insert their information themselves and see the rankings update live. It would also highlight people who are climbing the ranks fast. Lots of options for neat-o little features here. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jan 21 2005, 07:44 PM
Post #23

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

QUOTE (kermit @ Jan 21 2005, 02:02 PM)
What about regions that don't offer many ax events? They would be at a big disadvantage for points right?

yes, they would be. the series would be based off points added up from your best 6 or 7 or 8 AX's. i think 8 is asking a bit too much -- i prefer 6 (surely everyone can make 6 AX's in a year). but you can submit as many times as you want -- clearly, the more AX's you compete in, the better off you'd do.

however, there is no way to level the playing field entirely -- every one should know that off the bat. competitors in more competitive regions will have a tougher time than competitors in less competitive regions.

mark -- i'm with you exactly about the integers. a php app would rock!!! absent that, i would be willing to simply update a thread with the ongoing results....

i'm working on a post formalizing proposed rules, classes, and procedures -- i'll post this tonight hopefully to solicit everyone's feedback.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jan 21 2005, 07:48 PM
Post #24

914 Freak!

Yay! I'm glad we're making this happen. Thank Nathan.
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jan 21 2005, 09:51 PM
Post #25

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Yup this is a good thing. So far doesn't cost nothing but some time to enter data.

Nathan's doing a great job. Hey this is like work I think some shit up and some smart guy makes it work. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
McMark
post Jan 21 2005, 10:31 PM
Post #26

914 Freak!

I'm locking this thread since the "official" thread has started.

New thread is here.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 09:03 AM