Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Live and learn - Headlight motors not working
Downerman
post Jul 15 2014, 12:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,296
Region Association: None

So I posted a while back. Putting a bad front headlight mod back to stock and tried to get it all working but the motors would not work. So let it be said and noted that "CHECK YOUR CONNECTORS" was the advice given on the thread and was the first thing the Pelican technical doc recommended.

Power (12 volts) is applied by the generic red and then two others (green and Grey). Grey is the 12V applied at the time of lights up and Green is applied at the time of lights down. Keep in mind the Green and Grey is for a relay or some sort of control with the Red being power to the motors.

All of this being said. I had originally tested all the wires with the Green giving a real small amount of voltage. Like under a volt. Thought that was weird but didn't really understand what those two (Grey and Green) were really doing. Well..... bought two used motors and the same condition was true. (hence the Pelican Doc was telling me based on the troubleshooting that I had a cam switch that had gone south). Did I mention that the same doc said "CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS" first!!!!

Turns out, the green wire was unplugged at the light switch. How I was getting voltage (under a volt) on my voltage meter is beyond me. All is working well and the entire front headlights are back to stock and working perfectly.

Lesson of the day...... well it goes without saying.

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
orthobiz
post Jul 16 2014, 04:55 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Great first post! Welcome to the madness...

Paul (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:02 PM