Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Live and learn - Headlight motors not working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Downerman
So I posted a while back. Putting a bad front headlight mod back to stock and tried to get it all working but the motors would not work. So let it be said and noted that "CHECK YOUR CONNECTORS" was the advice given on the thread and was the first thing the Pelican technical doc recommended.

Power (12 volts) is applied by the generic red and then two others (green and Grey). Grey is the 12V applied at the time of lights up and Green is applied at the time of lights down. Keep in mind the Green and Grey is for a relay or some sort of control with the Red being power to the motors.

All of this being said. I had originally tested all the wires with the Green giving a real small amount of voltage. Like under a volt. Thought that was weird but didn't really understand what those two (Grey and Green) were really doing. Well..... bought two used motors and the same condition was true. (hence the Pelican Doc was telling me based on the troubleshooting that I had a cam switch that had gone south). Did I mention that the same doc said "CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS" first!!!!

Turns out, the green wire was unplugged at the light switch. How I was getting voltage (under a volt) on my voltage meter is beyond me. All is working well and the entire front headlights are back to stock and working perfectly.

Lesson of the day...... well it goes without saying.

Dave
orthobiz
Great first post! Welcome to the madness...

Paul welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.