Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New project:Adapting motorcycle Throttle Bodies, this should be "interesting" :)
Mueller
post Jan 21 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #1

914 Freak!

Group: Members
Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

The cost of aftermarket throttle bodies is way up there, the bottom of scale we have the CB Performance units which are about $250 each and the rest are easily 2X that about.....

so I swung by the motorcycle salvage yard in Fremont today and picked up these beauties (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

45mm at the butterfly....they taper down to 42.5mm at the bottom...

includes a nice TPS and injectors...I doubt the injectors flow enough, but who knows, I'll find out once I get the specs....

no idea of what bike they came off of yet.....price was $125

top view:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
7 Pages V « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(120 - 121)
r_towle
post Jan 16 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #121

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

The problem I had with those are they are inline.

If you try to get it all to fit inside the engine bay, using the stock accel cable to drive the system, you end up having to turn the cables coming out of the gyro, or really any of the inline ones, so much that the friction kills you.

I tried terry cables, special cables from Campagnolia....it was just to much of a turn to have it work...

Eventually I built a thing (Which I am more than happy to ship out Mike...its just collecting dust, and may be a good starting point from a thinking perspective...) that takes in the cable from the accel cable, and using a pulley mounted horizontally produces two cables that are now 90 degrees from the accel cable.

The three I built worked, but I dont have a machine shop, so my tolerences were not close enough to rid myself of the friction...
It was really close, got a few bearings, etc etc...

Then my some took my test mule away.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
E-Man
post Nov 27 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #122

Member No.: 390

Hi Mike!

Any progress on this front?

I'm looking to go down this path with a 2056 that currently has 44IDFs and full Mallory ignition (Unilite/Hyfire 6AL/Promaster). So far all I've collected is the manifolds. Not sure what TBs to get yet (GSXR 1000s?) or what controller (SDS probably; fuel only).

-Mike
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 10:59 PM