Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Aftermarket Parts Frustration, Update, Got it working
914Sixer
post Jul 21 2014, 08:44 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

I got some new parts in to make the turn signals and the horn work properly. Pulled the lower pad and took off the steering wheel. Took the 4 screws out and pulled the lower plugs and wiggled the washer hoses off. I got the combo out and separated them not breaking the joining clips.

Compared the German switch to the Meyle made in China. Every thing seemed ok. That is when I found out one of the posts was drilled ever so slightly off. Got the file out and went to work. Made every thing fit up. Re-installed combo and plugged up for a test. Switch was really stiff and I had to back screws off to free up lever. Pulled assembly back out to look at it. Put it back in again and it seemed to work better. Got it ready to test again.

Took the steering wheel and removed the old cancel ring with the horn contact. Installed the new aftermarket one. Put wheel on and tested. The switch cancel worked to the right but not to the left. Said a few words of disgust. Pulled the wheel and looked again. Got the old cancel ring out and compared it to the new one. The new one appears to be about 2-3 mm shorter than the old ring.

I quit for the evening. I will get on it tomorrow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 09:18 PM