Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Center Console Temp Guage
eyeflight
post Jul 24 2014, 06:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,219
Region Association: South East States

My center console temp guage on my LE went out. Anybody know how to check out the connector (3 prongs) with a multimeter? The internal light works. The needle seems to want to come alive but just sits there all the way left, occaisionally flickering.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jul 24 2014, 07:06 AM
Post #2

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(eyeflight @ Jul 24 2014, 05:52 AM) *

My center console temp guage on my LE went out. Anybody know how to check out the connector (3 prongs) with a multimeter? The internal light works. The needle seems to want to come alive but just sits there all the way left, occaisionally flickering.

Apply power to the + terminal and ground - and : the G terminal. It should peg the needle. If that works ground the sender wire at the sender. If that pegs the gauge the sender is bad. If it does not peg the needle you have a problem on the wire.
+Quote Post
eyeflight
post Jul 24 2014, 07:51 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,219
Region Association: South East States

Thanks....so I switch on the ignition to check the wire, should I get voltage reading from the + and - holes in the connector? What kind of power source to put on the guage itself to check it? Is the sender in the guage itself?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:53 PM